Thread: 2015 Amarok Yellow Engine light + coil light

Users Country Flag

2015 Amarok Yellow Engine light + coil light

So I started up my car for the first time in about a week after installing a new reverse camera + head unit and my coil light started flashing on my drive and the car went into limp. As it was late I took it home and left it over night, when I started it the next day I had the same flashing light But I also had a solid yellow engine light. manual says this is a catalytic converter fault. Scanner is only throwing 1 code which is P261A something with aux pump B which goes to the EGR I believe.

Is it likely this is just a clogged EGR valve or something worse? I've booked it in for a service in a few days

Users Country Flag
    Its a cheap part to replace by the looks of it. Quite a common failure on the V6 Amarok too.

Amarok - Auxiliary Coolant Pump "B" - Fault Code P261A
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    My only concern is that that pump shows that it has been replaced last year in the logbooks. I did some research and it looks like others have a faulty DPF sensor. I noticed by orange connector for the DPF sensor is damaged. I am just wondering if the pump open circuit was a pre-existing fault code as my heater and cooler is working perfectly fine. Will see what the mechanic says

Users Country Flag

Its possible that the previous error codes were not cleared when the part was replaced last year. The coil light on the dash comes on for a variety of reasons (in my case it has come on in the past when the DPF was too full).

If you have any faults with a DPF pressure or temperature sensor (including a damaged plug) then its possible your DPF is also too full and this is why its gone into limp mode. Don't drive it (if possible) any more than necessary until your mechanic appointment.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler