Support VWWC

Thread: 2014 Amarok - Glow plug flashing - 11901 error

2014 Amarok - Glow plug flashing - 11901 error

Hi all,
    Just had the rok flash up with the glow plug continuously flashing and no boost. Got a local mechanic to run the checks and comes up with 11901 - P0236 Manifold Pressure / Boost Sensor (G31)
    Is this just the little boost sensor on the intake manifold? Anyone else had this drama? Going to try and remove and clean prior to ordering a new one.. As I'm sure no locals where I am stock it.
    Any dramas with the Bosch replacements?

Cheers.
    Fitzy
    Last edited by FitzyVW; 09-03-2021 at 03:59 AM.

Users Country Flag
    This seems to be a relatively common issue on the Amarok's. The MAP (Manifold Air Pressure) sensor failing, causing the car to go into limp mode with the glow plug flashing on the cluster and giving the error P0236.

Given that you have not specified whether your Amarok is a 4 cylinder diesel or a V6 diesel I cannot help with a replacement part number or exact location of the part, but it should look very similar to what I have linked to below and will have a part number on it which you can use to Google and find a replacement.

Darkside Developments - 2.5 BAR MAP Manifold Pressure Sensor - Small Probe - 038 906 051 B
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks for the reply.
    4 cylinder model. Had a quick look last night... Is it on the right side of engine bay on the pipe from intercooler?

Users Country Flag
    It will be on one of your intercooler pipes between the intercooler outlet and the throttle body. I know where it is on the V6 diesel but not on the 4cyl sorry. Looks like this should be the part (but please check before ordering) MAP Sensor 0 281 006 059 Bosch for VW Porsche Audi | Run Auto Parts
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 09-03-2021 at 02:18 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

That matches up with what mine has, now to wait for it to arrive. Thanks Lucas.
    Last edited by FitzyVW; 09-03-2021 at 04:38 PM.