Support VWWC

Thread: ‘93 Mk1 Cabriolet

Users Country Flag

‘93 Mk1 Cabriolet

Probably about time I put my new baby up here...

But, not without a little back story...
    Here is my old baby...

She was a great girl, and for the 4 or so years I had her, she was wonderful.
    And then, I did the unthinkable, and accepted a deal that would see her leave my life.

Her replacement lasted a whole 3 months before I realised that I’d made my worst car decision ever...
    So, I started looking for a replacement, and settled on an ‘08 Eos.
    Whilst she is an absolutely amazing car, with plenty of character and soul, she isn’t in the same league as my old Mk1.

Fast forward another 3 years or so, and what do you know, my old girl if up for sale...
    Turns out she was a victim of the massive Canberra hail storms.
    I was lucky enough to speak with the gentleman I sold her too, she had been a wonderful car for him too.
    She passed from his hands through the insurance car sales, and ended up in Sydney.
    Unfortunately, as she was covered in dents, and With the roof needing replacement, I could not justify the high cost they were asking for her.

Saddened by this, my wife suggested looking for another car...
    Strangely enough, there was another here in Canberra that was in need of a little TLC.
    So, we made the call, and added her to our family...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -3d6e7be6-b062-43b0-939a-8223d2a73413-jpg  
    Last edited by Shadow_Rusty; 14-07-2020 at 12:35 AM.
    '90 Mk I Cabriolet 1.8L - My toy... err... Daily driver... - Replaced with ‘93 Mk1 Cabriolet 1.8L <- Soon to be mine...
    '99 Mk IV Bora V5 <-- RIP - Replaced with ’10 Tiguan 147kw <-- Wife's Daily Driver
    '05 Volvo T5 S60 - 2.5L Turbo AWD Replaced with '09 Ford LV Focus Sedan <-- Used by the kids

'07 Eos 2.0 TFSI - Project Eos...

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Found a little more rust than I’d like today...
    But, on the plus side, the front brakes are nice and “new” now...

'90 Mk I Cabriolet 1.8L - My toy... err... Daily driver... - Replaced with ‘93 Mk1 Cabriolet 1.8L <- Soon to be mine...
    '99 Mk IV Bora V5 <-- RIP - Replaced with ’10 Tiguan 147kw <-- Wife's Daily Driver
    '05 Volvo T5 S60 - 2.5L Turbo AWD Replaced with '09 Ford LV Focus Sedan <-- Used by the kids

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Thankfully the other side was much better, but still bad enough to need fixing.
    Cleaned all the seam sealer from this side to check for rust, and man was that a mission...