Thread: Yellow 4 Door Project...

Cool, ETA till she's back on the road?

Would be good to see this one day.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    Cool, ETA till she's back on the road?

Would be good to see this one day.
    I’m hoping in a couple of weeks she’ll be on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool! That will be a great day.

So, I have a thermostat on the way for the old girl, but still searching around for the coolant hoses.

I have found a mob in the UK that sells kits and they say that it fits the 1.5 but I’m not sure it’ll fit the diesel. Have sent them an email and I’m waiting to hear back from them.

These hoses I have found are silicone and they have about 6 different colours you can choose from and I was thinking of going with these:

Received my laser cut pieces today and quite happy with the design we have come up with for the new LED headlights but also how the ar guides for the radiator turned out.

The first picture is the start of the LED headlight brackets which was made from a mock up I made with a cardboard box so they can see what I want and need. There might be some small mods needed here and there to have the brackets work and fit 100% as I still need to add a mounting point for the headlights on these brackets but also add the adjusting screw holes to be able to have the lights sit perfect and where they need to shine. The main part of the bracket will be bolted down with 3mm bolts and I’ll be using nylon nuts to help with extra security.

The second picture is the air guides for the radiator. And although they aren’t completely finished yet either, there are one or two methods of finishing them up to sit properly and work the way they should. At the moment as you can see in the picture, the very top part is not bent at a 90degree angle like the originals as I have a plan for securing them down even better, rather than using the self tapping screw and the clips to hold it in place. Once again, I’m thinking about doing 3mm bolts with nylon nuts but it all depends on whether the top part bends underneath or over. Cause I can also use rivnuts which help make things so much easier to remove but also assemble.

PS: Once I have the final products of these things, and anyone is interested in changing over to LED headlights or better and far more sturdy air guides to the radiator, please let me know once you see the final product if you want any as I could make packages of the lights with the brackets and also just the air guides by themselves.

Looks good.

Ok, so things have been moving slowly as it’s a time consuming part of what I’m trying to do and achieve. How ever, I am quite happy with what is going on and what I’m busy doing, as it’s all part of a bigger vision.

As below with pictures, the headlights adjusting screws are in their proper place, and busy working on where to have one permanent fixture for each light so the adjusting screws can do what they need to. Will also be trying to source some springs to add to the adjusting screws to make sure there is some sort of tension making sure the screws don’t adjust on their own.

As for the radiator, I have now drilled and got the position of the radiator where it needs to be. Was lucky enough to find some sort of rubber grommets that fit perfectly(pictures to come)

And also marked where I need to reduce the air guides size but also bend a piece on each that will help as anchor points to make sure they stay in place and don’t hurt the radiator.

On top of that, I have a mate that works at a parts shop who is helping me try and match all the coolant hoses with others from different cars.

Below are just some pictures of what has been going on.

Yesterday I had some time to add a few things and slightly modify the headlight brackets. And I can now say, they are 99% done and ready for wiring.

Still working on the air guides for the radiator, but I also have the radiator in place now and am able to further make small changes to the air guides so they don’t touch the radiator but also become fixed like the originals.

Managed to spend a couple of hours on the old girl today.

I made top mount brackets for the radiator, which keeps it nice and steady and away from the air guides and body.

I also managed to make some mounting tabs for the fan shroud to be able to use it and it sits perfectly in its original spot.

Please don’t judge home made brackets as this is all just temporary stuff.

But I do hope you enjoy what I am doing and have done so far.

Looks good to me

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast