Support VWWC

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow 4 Door Project...

Users Country Flag

Are you going standard brakes or upgrading to MK1 GTI specs? The GTI ones are a lot better but you need discs, calipers and pads to do the conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Definitely go LED. Very easy conversion (they just plug in) and will work down to 9v so you just have to boost the original 1970's wiring by 8v to get them to work.
    I have LED lights that will be wired in by an autolec for me who has done many of these lights. The car will then have day time driving light which also turns into indicators when flicking the arm to which ever side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sports racer View Post
    Are you going standard brakes or upgrading to MK1 GTI specs? The GTI ones are a lot better but you need discs, calipers and pads to do the conversion.
    For now only doing standard. Will probably do an upgrade way later down the line. Just gotta get the car on the road first before I can do any other upgrades.

I’m after a non ABS Mk3 booster and master cylinder and a Mk3 wiper motor. If you know of someone, I’d appreciate that.

Users Country Flag
    Give Nick at Volksspares a call - 0412 345 126. He's out at Bungendore and has lots of MK1 and MK3 Golfs.

The Green Shed at Mitchell has a complete MK3 for $500 if you want to do a complete powertrain conversion.

Ok, so after a bit of screwing around tonight with the lights I think I may have found the right combination to upgrade the lights to much better quality.

The LED has low beam, high beam, day time driving lights and indicators in it. But it is a consealed unit which needs to be held in place by a “clamp housing”. The housing I’m busy playing around with comes from a Series 1 & 2 Land Rover.

It’ll need to be modified a smidge and possibly holes drilled to suit the golf original mounting points. But I’ll play around with it a bit more when I have more day light to do so.

Interesting light mod, keen to see how that works out for you.

If anyone on here has a 7 pin relay for a diesel golf that fits the glow plug relay slot, I’m chasing one as I am now at a dead end trying to see if there is any other issues in that wiring to make the glow plugs work.

I’m soon to get a new fusebox as I believe my has some bad corrosion in it and could be a very big part of my electrical issues.

I finally got the new fuse box yesterday. The only part I need to be able to complete this installation is the Glow Plug Relay(funny enough, everywhere in the world has them but Australia)

So this weekend I’ll be spending time cleaning up the fusebox and wiring under the dash since it looks like a birds nest with random wires just running everywhere to give things power. I’m hoping that I can clean it up and have the rest of the electrical working the way it should.

Will be asking tons of questions on here while doing the last few things and see if she’ll pass for rego. Yellow 4 Door Project...

did your lights work?
    if so whats the link to em?
    thanks
    Stage 2 Manual Polo GTI 6C, Stage 1 Amarok V6 x2, Mk1 Golf 1.8t 20v swapped

Haven’t got the LED’s working yet, as I have to work on mounting it first them wire them up.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast