Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow 4 Door Project...

Been a little quite here, but do have a small update. I finally found someone who had the relay I need to complete the glow plug circuit. It only took about 4 weeks to find someone.

$65 delivered next day at my house which is pretty good. Thanks to Paul at Tooley Imports.

My plans for this weekend is install a new expansion tank, do a coolant flush, finish up modifying the brackets for the LED lights and then give her a much needed wash especially in the engine bay area.

I hope everyone especially those in Victoria are staying safe and keep yourselves healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Messed around with headlights again yesterday, and looks like I知 close to finalising the fitment of the LED headlights.

Gave the engine bay a little bit of a scrub and then took her for a spin.

Thanks to a good mate for helping out where he can, and selling me some parts that I truely need so I can keep pushing to get the car on the road.

Today I received a Cam Splash and a new rocker cover gasket from my mate to help prevent oil into the intake but also replace the head gasket which I知 sure has never been replaced as there are plenty of traces of silicone, which tells me they tried to fix a possible oil leak from the rocker cover by using silicone.

On another note, looks like I might have a new radiator and also a new front engine mount bush by this weekend.

I値l be a little bit busy this weekend. But can稚 wait.

Decided to order a timing belt and tensioner as well. Hoping I might be able to have them by this weekend.

I do have a question though, anyone in or around Canberra that has some experience in doing the timing?

As I need to try and get the belt and tensioner on but also check that my timing is right for engine and fuel pump as I believe I have a fueling issue which is also part of my hard starting.

To anyone who can help me out with this, I壇 really appreciate the help. But for some reason I can not seem to find the VIN number on my golf.

I have tried to look everywhere I can to find it. But the only code I can find is one right on top the driver strut tower and there is also a plate on the front apron that has the same number.

If anyone can figure out what these numbers mean or where I can try and find the VIN other than the normal spot against the firewall just below the scuttle tray etc.

As to be expected, more set backs as I try and get closer to the end of doing a RWC to see if she値l pass.

Starting pulling the front shocks out to replace and not only was it a struggle, but I messed up a CV boot and my bump stops are screwed.

Got a mate in Sydney sending me new bump stops for all around and I値l just get the universal CV boot kit and do both and get it done.

I also have new brake pads on their way for the front, which means sometime during the week I値l be putting the new rotors on and the new pads in and that should be it for the front for now.

Still trying to figure out if I can get the drums in the rear machined and where, but also the shoes getting new liners then that should be all done.

I知 also making a tool for the front inserts screw cap so I can get everything done to the point of just waiting for the bump stops.

Always setbacks dude, knuckle down and work through it.

Good work and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by HaydEn View Post
    Always setbacks dude, knuckle down and work through it.

Good work and keep it up!

Thanks heaps. That痴 the plan. Luckily it痴 only minor set backs or small things halting me.

So, just want to thank the aholes who worked last on this engine. I hope their fingers turn into fish hooks and that their aholes never stop itching. Took me about 90min or more to get this done alone.

So, I will be able to fit my suspension this weekend and then also get my front brakes done.

I知 trying to push as hard as I can to get the car on the road. But every week there are new bumps. Luckily small, but I知 happy to tinker away at it.

I have a new water pump for when I do the timing as well. Rather safe than sorry. It値l go nice with the new radiator and expansion tank I have for the car as well.

And my quality control inspector was happy with the new bump stops. So I should be safe installing them. Yellow 4 Door Project...

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast