Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you fix/replace on your Mk1 today?

What did you fix/replace on your Mk1 today?

I figured i'd start this thread, like the polo and golf threads.. Only this one should be way more interesting and have less plastic and electronic crap in it..

I can't post anything at the moment though cause i'm too lazy to work on my car..

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

I finally put in a radio today!

the battery's cost about half as much as the radio itself! ha!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Users Country Flag
    today I managed to sort the vents that would not stay in the cracked dash, and prepared to respeay the centre console where someone has painted it silver... :iono:
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Users Country Flag
    Went over engine bay looking for hose abrasion points and fixing them up.

Set Ign timing (about 7° static advance)

Fitted up a home made catch can.

Adjusted shift linkage - discovered coolant on shifter mechanism.

Found Heater valve to be leaking removed and repaired.

Decided to leave it out for race on Tuesday.

(Also replaced sunroof crank on 318is BMW)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jones View Post
    Went over engine bay looking for hose abrasion points and fixing them up.

Set Ign timing (about 7° static advance)

Fitted up a home made catch can.

Adjusted shift linkage - discovered coolant on shifter mechanism.

Found Heater valve to be leaking removed and repaired.

Decided to leave it out for race on Tuesday.

(Also replaced sunroof crank on 318is BMW)
    Way to go pete! I hope you're going to post pics in your thread..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    Way to go pete! I hope you're going to post pics in your thread..
    Yeah, whenI've finish bidding up prices on e-bay. I just cost someone $150 but he won the goods in the end. Guess they were worth more to him than they are to me.

Pete

Users Country Flag
    Today i popped the hood check the levels and absolutely flogged the crap out of it in 36degree heat (we wont mention street racing or the fact i haven't driven it in 3weeks) and its still running, and im still trying to break my gearbox has a lifetime warranty (not really just a bet with a mate that built it) backyard mechanics at its finest

Today

Hi all
    Worked on the rally car today. Getting ready for the next rally on the 29th of this month. Start prep for events pretty well as soon as we've finished one. Last outing was a club rallysprint at Boisdale in early October. Basically it was a dirt hillclimb incorparating a few tracks out into a section of forest as well as a few witches hats in a big open area. We used various configarations, doing some in reverse direction during the day only doing the same set up twice. The fastest time of each configaration was the one which counted towards your total time for the day. We finished 6th.
    Worked on the car on and off since then but todays work was to bolt the fuel tank shield back on, bolt on the alloy sump guard put the wheels on,take it for a short drive. Last job today was to straighten the front bumper as we had a bit of a moment at Boisdale and just touched the armco and bent the left hand end back onto the body work. Only slight damage to the lower guard and pan. Bumber straightened out ok and fitted onother plastic end as the other was broken.
    Thats all for today,will do more tomorrow
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffrey Hale View Post
    Hi all
    Worked on the rally car today. Getting ready for the next rally on the 29th of this month. Start prep for events pretty well as soon as we've finished one. Last outing was a club rallysprint at Boisdale in early October. Basically it was a dirt hillclimb incorparating a few tracks out into a section of forest as well as a few witches hats in a big open area. We used various configarations, doing some in reverse direction during the day only doing the same set up twice. The fastest time of each configaration was the one which counted towards your total time for the day. We finished 6th.
    Worked on the car on and off since then but todays work was to bolt the fuel tank shield back on, bolt on the alloy sump guard put the wheels on,take it for a short drive. Last job today was to straighten the front bumper as we had a bit of a moment at Boisdale and just touched the armco and bent the left hand end back onto the body work. Only slight damage to the lower guard and pan. Bumber straightened out ok and fitted onother plastic end as the other was broken.
    Thats all for today,will do more tomorrow
    Geoff
    Pics of the car?? Please? Please?

Today

There are some pics of the car from when I first joined the group. I think the heading was Mk1 rally car. Truth of the matter is that I,m having trouble working out how to attach photos. I'm better working on Golfs than bloody computers. I will get one of my daughters to organize some tomorrow,they're young and they know about these things.
    Geoff

Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast