Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you fix/replace on your Mk1 today?

Replaced noisy passenger cv, been a few weeks since the golf has seen some attention.
    Driving the coal. Low and rattly.

Users Country Flag
    not really fixed, but here goes.
    installed left mirror(don't know why there wasn't one)
    worked out how to take out old and install new vent windows with frames and rubbers which i picked up last night. hopefully get that done in the next week
    that is all for now, but much more planned

Had a very productive day today. Picked up the diff shim I was waiting for so that I could re-assemble my 02A/02J hybrid gearbox with correctly pre-loaded peloquin LSD. Got it all back together and freed up lots of workbench space in the process.

I also finished the fabrication and painting of my steering column reinforcement and bracketry for hydraulic clutch conversion. I have officially passed the point of maximum disassembly, its re-assembly time!

Users Country Flag
    Interested to see how you handled the hydro brackets Arno.

Great work on the gearbox. By hybrid are you referring to ratios?

I removed a kjet fuel system and learnt a lot. I have a new appreciation for kjet. Not sure if I appreciate it more or less though.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Nice looking box mate, I really want to tackle a gearbox.. one day.. when I have the space!

Fixed all my opening quarter glass windows on both sides, as they haven't worked correctly since I've had the car. It's cooling having them work again.. I would hazard a guess they've been broken for many, many years.

Users Country Flag
    Rust repairs to the driver and passenger floors, still have some more work left
    MY11 Multivan 132kW 4Motion, Natural Grey, Fog lights, Multifunctional Steering Wheel.

Installed a battery isolator switch

Users Country Flag
    Gave the old girl a bath and started using the Meguiar's paint cleaner on the boot section and the paint is looking a lot better. Pics tomorrow of the progress.
    MY11 Multivan 132kW 4Motion, Natural Grey, Fog lights, Multifunctional Steering Wheel.

Users Country Flag
    New brakes all round on the weekend. New Zimmerman drilled rotors and mintex pads, new flexible hoses, wheel cylinders, drums, bearings and shoes at the back. Flushed old brake fluid soup with new Dot 4. Works beautifully. Learned that when the bentley manual says you need a vice to change the return springs, you really do need a vice. Also helps if you have arms like Conan when re-attaching the handbrake cables.
    Greg
    2002 New Beetle Turbo

Users Country Flag

Not today, but I finally got around to replacing the fuel tank and fuel sender gauge and the car put all four wheels on the ground for the first time in well over a year. And all done on the day the rego was up for a second renewal. In other news I will shortly be fixing the roof-mount aerial that met an unfortunate end thanks to me having a momentary lack of spatial awareness this morning...

So, GTI81 is alive and (touch wood) well, and definitely won't be spending quite so much time off the road the next time something breaks...
    There is no Golf in my life. This is unacceptable...

Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast