Support VWWC

Page 1 of 184 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Rat & Retro Style Mk1's...

Rat & Retro Style Mk1's...

Ok Dubbers,

Lets get some hardcore rat style happening... Im talking surface rust, white walls, crazy offset, roof racks, dumped on their bellies... Any thing goes...

Love to hear what you guys think... Like, dislikes, what's kool and what's just plain tacky...

Post pics too... Even better if its your car too...

Cheers James

Users Country Flag
    I dont like rat stylz, imo it a load of crap.

I understand that some people take a great deal of time and effort to make there car look rusted and rubish but at the end of the day...their car still looks rusted and rubish. I just don't like.

Just my opinion, dont hate me for it.
    MK1 GLS 3door
    A4 B7 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Spyda View Post

I understand that some people take a great deal of time and effort to make there car look rusted and rubish but at the end of the day...their car still looks rusted and rubish. I just don't like.

No probs mate... I think i still profer a nice clean looking euro Dub...

But i do have a soft spot for ratters...

keep those replies coming...

James

syncro Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyda View Post

I'm with you.

Its an interesting look, hasnt quite taken off in aus yet, my golf was white with few rust runs etc from under the chrome, seemed to attract strange people, But would have been cheaper to got rat style.

That said its a cheap style to produce, and i must say i like the roof racks with leather suitcases fitted or spares.

Users Country Flag
    hehehe...

I took my current (and first) Mk1 to the Nats earlier this year, only to be disappointed that there was no ‘Water Cooled Rat’ class

Still saving for a decent lowered suspension set-up and wheels to suit, with engine mods on the way – but the body will remain pretty manky as is

But intensem1 is right, not a commonly accepted look in Oz at the moment, but maybe we can educate the world
    2007 Elegance Wagon 2TDI
    2005 Multivan
    1976 White MkI Golf

It's a strange style, but I'm oddly intrigued by it...

Users Country Flag
    i dig em but Oz still don't understand the "rat" look. I think it will become more popular in 3 years time!

2009 Volkswagen R36 Wagon
    1968 Audi F103 75L Coupe
    1966 Volkswagen Beetle Deluxe

reborn Guest
    I guess it is a matter of what you have to work with. You wouldnt get something pristine and rat it right up but if you had a 'work in progress' why acheive a temporary rat look! Any car looks better on its back side, rims dissapearing inside the guards...

I reckon the rat look is better acheived with an old holden myself... I tried it on an LX Torana once and dropped it so low (angle grinded springs) it failed the crushed coke can test! It looked great... You can sacrafice a $400 car like that if you want...

Page 1 of 184 1231151101 ... LastLast