Support VWWC

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pommie Cab Mk1

Users Country Flag

Hi Everyone, Thanks for the posts really appreciate the info, I'm looking for a set of kph dials in Germany, I might have to get a white needle set and change my to my orange ones and just replace the tacho bit etc.. I guess if I don't find any I could leave as is, does anyone have a PM or email for him?, be good to know exactly what i need to do before import, I'd like to use the car ASAP once it's here.

Users Country Flag
    club rego has to be older than 30 years. not an option. Compliance is easy - it is basically exactly the same as the AUS delivered model and there is a Road Vehicle Descriptor sheet on the Mk1 cabriolet (Ask RMS Technical Enquiries for a copy or where to find it - 1300137302). A certifier charging you for bull**** he doesn't know is not right so do your homework and it's a walk in the park and cheap - how much is it to compare your vehicle to an AUS model and verify they are the same? It is a no brainer. Find out the difference between AUS models and yous and fit that. The AUS cabrios had lap belts in the rear (it is in the RVD sheet as a 'minor and inconsequentilal' ADR non compliance. That is, no lap sash in the rear for these cars.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Hern, cheers for the info,I've found this.. https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...al-certificate not sure if this right info or not. Just wondered does anyone know the score with doing engine conversions and passing Australian guidelines for road use as its quite popular in UK mine was originally 1.8 GTi 8v then it was converted to 1.8T 20v now looking into something different..

Users Country Flag
    Send a PM to GeorgeMK1. He's recently converted his Cabby to 1.8t 20v and will know all the stuff you'll need for rego.

Quote Originally Posted by ibizasantos View Post
    Hi Hern, cheers for the info,I've found this.. https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/regi...al-certificate not sure if this right info or not. Just wondered does anyone know the score with doing engine conversions and passing Australian guidelines for road use as its quite popular in UK mine was originally 1.8 GTi 8v then it was converted to 1.8T 20v now looking into something different..
    A quick word of warning - think of each state in Australia as a country!
    There really isn't a heaps of consistency

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Natso Swift, and sports racer, that's really helpful : ) I will PM George MK1 and get some advice

Users Country Flag
    Some pictures, although I'm in the process of going back to original black side trim, mirrors etc.. more standard look less bling lol

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pommie Cab Mk1-sportline-jpg   Pommie Cab Mk1-interior_2-jpg  

Pommie Cab Mk1-interior-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Awesome!

Users Country Flag
    Cheers mjv79 : )

Users Country Flag

I can see why you want to bring that with you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast