Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mk1 rear disc brake problem

Right, now we’re getting somewhere. Thankyou.

So how do i tell if i've got the 16V proportioning valves at the master cyl?

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Yes they are dirty king's, need new shocks also so will be replacing the whole set, any recommendations? Was thinking KW v2 but don’t know where to buy?
    Shoot Valver a PM.

He's got a set of V2's basically brand new at a fraction of the cost.

Right, now we’re getting somewhere. Thankyou.

So how do i tell if i've got the 16V proportioning valves at the master cyl?
    If it's got the standard master cyl. on it, it won't have them.

It should have two cylinder looking item's attatched at the master cyl. One for each of the rear brake pipe's

I'm sorry, but I don't have a picture off hand at the moment.

Users Country Flag
    Here's one. (They're not normally red )

Very hard to obtain but work very well.

Pete

Found a good pic of them

Thanks a bunch guys, I will have a look 2moz.
    One more newbie Q, Dont the mk1 brake lines cross over from front to back, i.e. two lines, one from front right to rear left and visa versa?. If this is the case, will installing the 16v proportioning valves at the master cyl be as effective as a wilwood valve at each rear disc?

Users Country Flag
    Mk1s are diagonally split from the master cylinder. Each of the wheels is fed directly from the master cylinder so you can put the valves on either the master cylinder end or down the back somewhere.

It's illegal to put the valves in the cabin on a street car.

If it were me I'd mount them in the engine bay rather than on the suspension.

Pete

Great Thanks, I will do that.
    So if I can't source 16v ones should I be putting aftermarket adjustable ones directly on the master cyl. Also which ones sould be the rear lines?

Users Country Flag
    Great Thanks, I will do that.
    So if I can't source 16v ones should I be putting aftermarket adjustable ones directly on the master cyl. Also which ones sould be the rear lines?
    Just trace the lines from the front wheels, the other two are the rear ones.

Pete

Users Country Flag

The crossed over brakelines on the master cylinder are in case the cylinder fails at one end according to a very old book I've got somewhere. I still have a few sets of Scirocco proportioning valves somewhere if you need any.

1976 Project Carbon Mk1 - Sold! | 2015 Lotus Exige Cup | F80 M3 Family Wheels

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast