Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MK1 Golf - Project

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Drysponge View Post
    BonsaiTiger
    The dash is in bad condition under the mat. Seats aren’t great either under the covers. I quite fancy the idea of a stripped out interior, just dash and door cars no rear seats, new paint on the interior.
    Ah fair enough matey. Yeah that does sound mint. Just bare painted metal? I'm thinking of doing a new carpet for mine, can't decide whether to keep the halfcage that's in it or get rid - I dont plan on taking it round any laps ant any point, but its a bit different I suppose...plus its welded in haha.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by velly_16v_cab View Post
    yes i got up to watch it!
    internet froze at 78 mins, then jumped to the 80min min just as halfpenny/Davis/North were trying to stop that final try! epic!!!
    but awesome game...i was sweating all the way!
    And me mate! I couldnt sleep for an hour after, my heart was pounding. I was ****ed in work the next day. Would have been worth it if we'd won but oh well, what a game.
    # 76 Mk1 16v In Progress # 2011 6R Polo GTI *Sorely Missed*

Users Country Flag
    keep the stripes man...............looks tuff.

Way cool, mate! Don't be in too much of a rush to ditch all the interior. It really doesn't make that much of a difference and it's really nice to have a weekender with 4 seats and carpet, I think.

Good luck with the project.

Do not, what ever you do lose the retro stripe! That's awesome.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeMK1 View Post
    Hey dude cool sunroof. Hows the condition of it, i want one too but im scared it will leak. Noticed any of that in yours? Love the pop up ones, so simple !
    don't do it! it will leak! I'm looking to weld mine back up or at least seal it properly.
    Quote Originally Posted by GRN_VAGN View Post
    Love the yellow striping !!
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    love the retro stripes..
    Thanks!
    this thing is super cool already, good luck with it!
    Thanks! I'll need some luck..
    Quote Originally Posted by velly_16v_cab View Post
    me too, looks awesome!
    Cheers Velly, Do you want them for your MK2?
    Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    Way cool, mate! Don't be in too much of a rush to ditch all the interior. It really doesn't make that much of a difference and it's really nice to have a weekender with 4 seats and carpet, I think.
    Still kept the interior incase I want to switch back. I think I just like the idea of a stripped ot raw feel to it. If it ever gets on the road
    Good luck with the project.
    Thanks!
    Do not, what ever you do lose the retro stripe! That's awesome.
    These strips are getting some good feedback!

Users Country Flag
    These strips are getting some good feedback!
    You dont see em often thats why
    <space for rent>

Thought I'd give you guys an update,
    Starting to strip the car, Floorpans are mint although there is rust in other places. Still looks a viable project though.

I'm also after some sections cut from another Golf to replace these sections around the rear window. I've highlighted the areas that need replacement panels cut out from a donor car.
    If any one can help please let me know, I can purchase through paypal for either postage or collection to make it worth your while.

Thanks
    Martin

I'm also after some sections cut from another Golf to replace these sections around the rear window. I've highlighted the areas that need replacement panels cut out from a donor car.
    If any one can help please let me know, I can purchase through paypal for either postage or collection to make it worth your while.

Thanks
    Martin

Mate I have both sides of the rear quarter window sections right up to the door we cut from the GTI several weeks back. You will need to be quick as Wade has grabbed a lot of the parts, whats left will be going to the scrap bin in a very short time.

PM me your postcode and I can get a mailing quote for you.

Cheers,
    Grant
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Grant,

Thanks for the mail. PM sent.

PM sent Martin.

Looking at this closely

Your going to have to renew the section of steel inside the pillar. LMK if you need the A pillar and scuttle section.

Not an easy job to do correctly as you need to cut a window to fully weld the internal metal before closing up the exterior skin.
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Quote Originally Posted by roccodingo View Post
    PM sent Martin.

Your going to have to renew the section of steel inside the pillar. LMK if you need the A pillar and scuttle section.

Not an easy job to do correctly as you need to cut a window to fully weld the internal metal before closing up the exterior skin.
    Big Thanks to Grant AKA: Roccodingo for posting these panels from WA to Melbourne.

Thank you very much for your help! Top fella!

Now I just need to get stuck in. Progress can be a little slow what with having 2 small children .

As you can see in the photo below, the old Scuttle panel has been removed. I’ve already made some local repairs to the inner wing.

I re-attached the hood and aligned perfectly to the old scuttle prior to removing. This way I can use the hood as good datum for welding in Grant’s Scuttle.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast