Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MK1 Golf Interior

Users Country Flag

MK1 Golf Interior

Hey there guys, new to the forum. Just picked myself up a 1976 Swallowtail MK1 Golf (rough as guts but it's gonna be.. Fun!?), one issue. Someone has decided to create their own custom dash prior to me finding the beauty. I've attached the pic for a laughs otherwise I'll cry.

I'm looking to return it to its former glory. And in saying this, I'm looking for a complete dash (with all switches and bezels) along with the centre console with same. I'm located in Sydney.

Also a set of rear seats as mine disappeared :/

.:R32 MK5 3DR Manual
    MK1 Golf (Swallowtail) Manual

Users Country Flag
    Congrat for the swallowtail pickup mate. and good luck with the dash hunt, good condition one are very rare now.
    Paul (Sportracer) in this forum certain can refer you to a guy in ACT who has a collection of wrecked golf.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks mate. Yeah it's going to be a lot of work but something you're passionate about can hardly be called work.. Sometimes. Thanks for that, I'll defiantly hit him up. Even if it's not top notch I can have it reskinned.

Thanks for the reply and for the lead!

Users Country Flag
    Not sure if Nick at Volksparts has any in good condition but give him a ring on 0412 345 126. He's at Bungendore, just outside Canberra and I drive past his place every day so if there's any hassle shipping let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Nick used to have 70 MK1's rusting out on his property but he sold 30 to someone in Egypt and he's crushed a few that were too far gone.

There's a post somewhere in the MK1 section where a crap original dash was repaired with fibreglass then reskinned. Looked like new when it was finished but I reckon a flocked one would be awesome.

Cheers

Paul
    Last edited by sports racer; 24-02-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Thanks Paul, I went ahead and sent him a text message but haven't heard back.

Thanks for the offer for helping out with shipping, I'm just in Sydney, and like a lot of people i hate waiting so I will end up probably making the trip! lol

I've seen a lot of people do restoration jobs on their dash (also a lot of cutting to get Newer style dashes in their mk1's) so if it's a bit rough I don't mind a bit of hard work!

I'm going to try to give him a call tomorrow. I haven't even stripped the thing and I'm already trying to buy a dash.

It arrived last night a bit excited, took 30 minutes to get it going!

Users Country Flag
    Nice purchase bud! Looking forward to seeing the progress and some daylight pics!

MK1 Golf Interior

I just went down to check something and I thought I'd take a couple of teaser pics

Last edited by dublub; 24-02-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Looks like you have some nice bits attached to it too! I just recently also purchased a 2 door wattle colour swallowtail! So welcome to the mk1 club!

What plans do you have for it as a project overall?
    93' MK1 cabriolet

Thanks Smok,

I'm planning on resto outside/inside but with some goodies under the hood. Planning on dropping in a 2.0tfsi and upgrading brakes and suspension and chassis. Still trying to decide a colour scheme, it's so hard trying to make a final decision! How about yourself?

First to get the thing resto car, pass blue slip, then rego then power the little rocket pocket ^_^

Factory colour and ditch that awfull grille.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast