Support VWWC

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: MK1 Deisel for the Sh#tbox Rally... a build thread.

Users Country Flag

You're in luck.

I found these in the shed.

They were NOS when I got them and they didn't do a lot of miles in our red Golf.

Not leaking, plenty of pressure in them.

Can't see you bending these, they're made like the Bilsteins and use a large diameter hollow shaft for extra volume.

Same address as last time?
    79 MK1 Golf Wreck to Race / 79 MK1 Golf The Red Thread / 76 MK1 Golf Kamei Race Car
    7? MK1 Caddy
    79 B1 Passat Dasher Project
    12 Amarok

Users Country Flag
    ****, that dash looks to be in tip top shape. Its probably worth as much as the car.

If you end up breaking down in the middle of nowhere, just rip that dash and cluster out, someone here would love to get their grubby hands on it!

good luck with the rally

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Stickers!

Front shocks in, and on the original springs, still gotta work a way to lift it about 25-30mm at the front, any other spring we've tried has been too harsh, been talking to Preeny about spacers or lifting the lower shock mount...

bolted up a heavy duty rear bar/step made out of Dexion racking uprights, namely for sh*ts and giggles, works really well for getting to the basket, and we can hang a spare off it if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by bjih_86 View Post
    ****, that dash looks to be in tip top shape. Its probably worth as much as the car.

If you end up breaking down in the middle of nowhere, just rip that dash and cluster out, someone here would love to get their grubby hands on it!

good luck with the rally
    I have multiple clusters and a spotless dash that i will part with for donations to our team (see other ****box thread).

I will put up a thread soon.

Good to see your boot doesn't stay open by itself either.. our struts exploded the other day

Would be easier to space the top mount out from the body. That way it all remains in compression.
    '07 Touareg V6 TDI with air suspension
    '98 Mk3 Cabriolet 2.0 8V
    '99 A4 Quattro 1.8T

Yeah Aydan we were discussing that. I might get some spacers laser cut for it.

APR Tuned | KW Suspension | INA Engineering | Mocal Oil Control |
    Email: chris@tprengineering.com

ended up raising the front using some spring spacers on the factory springs - they worked better than I thought...

but in the mean time I went and visited a mate who works at a place that makes sheds, and built a bash plate with some scrap.

Users Country Flag
    Love the thread mate, great reading.

Have you got any pics of the spring spacers? Where did you get them from as I have ordered some today from AMU in Qld - finally had enough of retreiving duckbills.

heh, if you really want to know...

we cut rings from 8mm heavy duty conveyer belt rubber, and stacked them up till we were happy with the height, then built up a retainer so nothing fell out...

Dodgy as all get-out, but it's the sh*tbox way.

aaaand now the injector pump leaks again... at the choke now... gunna be a pig to fix.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast