Support VWWC

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Kaninchen weiß - The Chameleon

Users Country Flag

Kaninchen weiß - The Chameleon

After the demise of the Team Green 16v 5 door MK1, the question was - where to now.

The green car was a real step for me. I had previously owned another 76' MK1, standard 5 door style with the 1.6 and 4 speed and I had really enjoyed it. Unfortunately there was a lot of rust in it and I offloaded it to purchase the green one. The green MK1 was built by Matt from Camden GTI and I purchased it from a guy in Brisbane. Over the past 2 years I have worked pretty tirelessly to bring this car up to my standard and personalise it as well. I learnt a lot about cars from a technical perspective and was a real enjoyment to get the skills out of working on it. It was used in TV series and commercials, and really was well liked - it did look fantastic.

So I was really not sure what to do after the car was damaged. Fix it, replace it, give up on MK1's - but in the end the Mrs said I should get another, so with that sort of support I decided to investigate.

In the end I have purchased a white 2 door '76 LS from Dan in WA. It was in the For Sale section for some time and no one had picked it up, I suppose the distance and cost was too much for many suitors to justify.

I have not had very much time to look at the car since it arrived on Friday, but will be taking it to get a NSW registration inspection on Tuesday. It is probably a bit futile, but while it is on the hoist I can have a proper gander on the undersides.

So welcome to the new MK1 chapter in our lives. We are going to take a number of parts from the green one to convert the white car to 16V, but other than that, the plans are still fairly wide open as to where this is going to end up.

2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Looks great so far. Really keen to see it up close.

A white 3dr; perfect blank canvas!

MY10 S3 3dr

Looks inspiring Mik, should repick up that lost motivation

1.8T as Liam suggested deserves it!

Users Country Flag
    Could not resist not posting this photo.Changed my plans a few times already.
    Car looks really good and 1.8 t is a big NO in my books.

Users Country Flag
    Looks like a great base for the new Mk1 chapter.

Wheels, lower, 16V, exhuast, black interior, drive the nuts off it.

For some weird reason this song comes to mind:

08 Golf GTI - SOLD

Welcome to the white 2-door mk1 club Mik! It was sad hearing about the 4-door, but I'm glad you decided to stick it out with the mk1's. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out - I have no doubt its going to be even better!
    Last edited by abreut; 13-06-2011 at 07:41 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by schoona View Post
    Looks inspiring Mik, should repick up that lost motivation

1.8T as Liam suggested deserves it!
    But if I go 1.8t then I'd show Alex up and he hates it when that happens.

I sure am motivated and have some exciting things that I bought for the green car that are new and have arrived in the last few weeks so am keen to get them into this car soon.

Left it out in the rain for 3 days to see where it leaks from into the interior. I always think it is best to find this sort of thing out before rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
    Wheels, lower, 16V, exhuast, black interior, drive the nuts off it.
    Quoted for truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Grunmk1 View Post
    Welcome to the white 2-door mk1 club Mik! It was sad hearing about the 4-door, but I'm glad you decided to stick it out with the mk1's. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one turns out - I have no doubt its going to be even better!
    Thanks mate. I'd love to catch up with you before I go too far down the track as I have some questions about what you have done to your car. The only way to make things better is to get good advice along the way.

I don't think I have a 4th MK1 in me. Once this one is done with I am going to head back to restoring my Sunbeam Imp.
    Last edited by mikinoz; 13-06-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

You and those sunbeams!! lol

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mikinoz View Post
    But if I go 1.8t then I'd show Alex up and he hates it when that happens.
    I doubt either of those scenarious will ever happen. I've already got one of them anyway Mik.

On a serious note I am really looking forward to seeing and helping it's next incarnation , I am already in on some of it's future plans and were are in for an exciting ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Preen59 View Post
    I would have gotten wood from the picture message you sent me.. But I was sniffing Nitro, so i already had it. Hahaha.

YaY!

Very Exciting. I always like you're thoroughness, and attention to detail.

I'm glad this mk 1 went to a deserving owner because it defiantly seems to be a deserving car!

Can't wait for the project to unfold. Only regret is being so far away!

i like volkswagens
    My blog: http://garagefiftythree.blogspot.com.au/

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast