Thread: 32/36 Weber jetting 1.8 8v

Users Country Flag

32/36 Weber jetting 1.8 8v

Hey everyone,

Just hooked up my new (old) 1.8 8v ADZ engine in my mk1. Bought Elton's old 32/36 Weber and bolted that up to the single point injection manifold (stock manifold on the ADZ mk3 1. using some adapter plates I machined up.

Roared to life. Timing, dizzy and earthing could use some playing with, but most of all Im running super rich. Mixture screw is dialed right in and Im struggling to get it to idle at anything lower than 3000. Smells super rich and blows some pretty cool fire balls too!

Anyway, I poked around the forum and kind of struggled to find jetting for a similar setup documented. I would love to know what others are running!

Cheers

john

Users Country Flag
    blockage in the idle jet or passages maybe. does it run clean above 3000rpm. if it came of a similar engine, the jetting would have to be reasonably close, atleast on idle! not pulling in air somewhere?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hey Eric,

Interesting, I will have a look. Its rich over the whole range from what I can tell. I was told it is currently jetted for a 2.0lt engine. It could have a vac leak somewhere, although all the gaskets between the carby and the head are new. How does a vac leak effect it? Would it not run leaner? excuse my lack of experience!

cheers

Users Country Flag
    your right in it running leaner if it's sucking air, it's just a cause for engines not to idle, usually resulting it spluttering it's way to stalling. do you have the fuel return hooked up, may be forcing too much fuel through?

my son's car runs a 32/36, a dgv i think, on his 1.8/2.0 dx but i can't look at it as i'm interestate till tomorrow

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I understand, i'll have a check for vac leaks. I dont have the return line connected. I was under the impression the float valve in the carby would stop this. That said, I did put a Carter 4070 in it, which seems to be able to displace a bit of fuel, but at low pressure im told.

No problem! thanks!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by regularjohn View Post
    I understand, i'll have a check for vac leaks. I dont have the return line connected. I was under the impression the float valve in the carby would stop this. That said, I did put a Carter 4070 in it, which seems to be able to displace a bit of fuel, but at low pressure im told.

No problem! thanks!
    when i get home, ill have a look at mine and see how it's configured, and get back to you
    cheers
    eric