Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2cent Cabby

Users Country Flag

The 2cent Cabby

Right im starting again now all my random Threads have left the first page! This is my first Mk1 Golf and and besides that I had a Mk2 that got us to Glastonbury and back and didn't miss a beat.

She has had a full clutch kit fitted what i got robbed by a garage getting fitted, But didnt really have a choice as I only managed to get 25k down the coast after buying her from Freo b4 i hit a hill and she wouldn't make it to the top. Then it was Tow truck time!

Anyway Im thinking of keeping her as standard as possible due to the near perfect condition the body is in, Just mayb a 30-50mm drop and some nice wheels!(and the European GTi bumper if i can get hold of one in Perth).

I have just fitted a new radiator thanks to Grant (roccodingo) and sanded down and sprayed the fan housing. I have changed all the vacume pipes that where leaking and waiting for a new elbow hose, Dip stick and a few other thing as the engine was struggling as it couldn't Build up pressure. (I really dont have a clue what im talking about but this is what i have been told lol). So im hoping once I stop all the air leaks she will be running sweet again.

Any help and advice would be very much appreciated cheers!

Now for the pictures

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Keep the big bumpers... the more chrome the better! And they can (supposedly) take something like a 10km/h bump and save the body!

Good luck with it. I looks great so far!

Users Country Flag
    great start, perfect for the WA weather
    My build thread here: 1.6 sr into 1.8T http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...-8t-63249.html

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Can anyone tell me where this vacume pipe goes?

Its a 6mm pipe that comes thru the fire wall right next to the wiring loom, as mine a left hand drive it comes out just next to the clutch peddle.

When i bought the car it wasn't connected to anything and was split. I have pulled it out and replaced it with a new pipe but have know idea where it connects to i think it was pushed in behined the fuse box but cant see anywhere it connects??????

Pictures below.

[/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Users Country Flag
    It might be the one that connects to the back of the multifunction display in the dash? It is used for the miles per gallon economy.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

As i dont have a MPG gauge, just the change gear display, so do i need it? and if not can i get rid of it?

Ewen,
    most likely the vacuum pipe that connects to the LHD factory aircon switchgear, its located behind the dash where the levers & knob are.
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Would I have to take the dash off to reattach it? Or can I just take the the section out where the controles are?

just take the Heating / cooling controls out. Be careful as the small tabs are fragile with the age of these cars. Have you a Bentley manual yet ??
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

No.... Well I have a pre 1984 Manuel didnt read the add properly! As I wanted 1986. I had it apart earlier but couldn't see anywhere it could fit!. It was probably staring me in the face!

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast