Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2cent Cabby

Users Country Flag

nice one

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    FINALLY!!!! Figured it out, The Vacuum hose is for the Vacuum Vent Valves on the Break and clutch Peddle for the Cruise Control system!.

You have know idea how many manuals i downloaded to find this one! But it covers everything and best of all it was FREE!

[IMG][/IMG]

cool, glad you found out where they connect to. I did see the vacuum chamber on the throtle cable but didnt realise there were other components in the vacuum circuit...

Merry Christmas
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

So could that have been another reason why i was having issues with air leaks or is that a separate Vacuum system and is only used for the Cruise Control?

Merry Christmas to you to, Hope you had a good one!

Users Country Flag
    There are sometimes one way valves in places but I am guessing it might be related.

Love that you kept researching and nailed it.
    Last edited by mikinoz; 27-12-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    2015 Multivan Highline
    1969 Sunbeam Imp Sport 930cc

Quote Originally Posted by EwenHayton View Post
    So could that have been another reason why i was having issues with air leaks or is that a separate Vacuum system and is only used for the Cruise Control?

Merry Christmas to you to, Hope you had a good one!
    Definately another source of engine vacuum leak ( the engine is the pump ) so hooking that stuff back up or plugging the vacuum line will make a diff.

Did you test the rest of the cruise control vac plumbing ?? ( connect a pipe and suck it, if it doesnt hold vac, you still got a leak.)

Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

No but i will now. I'm still waiting for the dip stick and Elbow vacuum pipe that comes off the rocker cover to arrive b4 i have fixed all the visual leaks! (couldnt have ordered stuff at a worse time for the post).

Cheers tho for the advice

---------- Post added 28-12-2011 at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was 27-12-2011 at 04:23 PM ----------

Yer yearrrrr! Parts Came today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![IMG][/IMG]
    Only problem I thought Disc Breaks came as a pair!!!!!! lol!

Hey just wondering what is a healthy idle Rev speed is. She currently sits about 1300-1500, Is this to high and should i lower it?
    Last edited by EwenHayton; 31-12-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Hey all,

Got 3 questions if anyone can help?.

1) Im planning on changing the speakers in her and finding it easy to get hold of 4x6 for the front but the 4x4 rears are becoming hard to find. Would it be easier to fit a different size and if anyone has any recommendations of make and wattage, i have a Sony xplod head unit if that makes a difference.

2) With the 1.8Gti engine is there away of getting a little more power out of her with out busting the wallet to much? was looking at putting K&N airfilter in but not sure if it would make too much of a difference?

Changed my mind only had 2 Questions after all lol!

Decided to keep the original wheels, Had a brain wave to give them a little detail than just the boring full black rim. Sanded the outer rim and gave it a chrome wall that follows on the new chrome sill trim, Very chuffed as it cost nothing and now im happy with the wheels and can just get Coilovers and no need for rims! Brucey Bonus!

Old [IMG][/IMG]

New[IMG][/IMG]

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast