Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1.6l starter motor relay #.

Preen; last night I brought the 1.6 manual and and the Deisel manual by Haynes. Should help! I need the Deisel one more than anything so I can put in a starter relay using the loom I've got in the car. Since it appears the existing loom is in there and modified.
    2011 TDI Caddy- AirRex x AccuAir setup.

some peeps fit a relay in the starter circuit to reduce the current load going thru the Ign switch. Myself have never had a problem with the factory set up in 33 years of driving Mk1's.

Wiring these cars is pretty basic, with the correct manual you should be able to nut it out.
    Lots of MK 1 Scirocco's...

If it aint a MK 1 then it must be a donor car ??

Cheers,
    Grant...

Quote Originally Posted by roccodingo View Post
    some peeps fit a relay in the starter circuit to reduce the current load going thru the Ign switch. Myself have never had a problem with the factory set up in 33 years of driving Mk1's.

Wiring these cars is pretty basic, with the correct manual you should be able to nut it out.
    Well as said above, it was originally a Diesel, and has been converted to the 1.6l petrol. They've used the diesels loom and whatnot and just modified it where need be. They still have live power running through the socket for the glow plug relay, and im not sure where the power was coming from originally for the starter, but the cable seemed way to thick. I think it's fried something along the line. So, just to do it right, and eliminate any possible problems, i'll put in a relay.

When my Haynes manual arrives, it will be wired correctly, I hate half done jobs, there are wires everywhere it's a total mess. Half arsed job whoever did it! Oh well. Will all be good soon enough.
    2011 TDI Caddy- AirRex x AccuAir setup.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12