Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats with the removable bluetooth screen thingie?

Users Country Flag

Cool thanks. The dealer connected my phone to the original BT when i picked the car up, but of course ive since removed the touch screen and now it wont connect.
    Bury S9 XL cradle for Touch Adaptor for sale: http://tinyurl.com/hgmjc4j

Sold my Shadow Blue MY12.5 3 door Polo GTI for a WRX Hyperblue...
    SPOC - 1st Four.... www.DeskDivers.com & www.PloProf.com & www.2smoked.com & www.JonWallis.com

Users Country Flag
    If anyone is looking for an Australian supplier for the cradles that fit in where the touch screen goes, you can try these guys.

They have the iphone 4 cradle for around $75 BUY Bury Apple iPhone 4 S9 Active Cradle | MegaBuy Computer Parts

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by robbo600 View Post
    If anyone is looking for an Australian supplier for the cradles that fit in where the touch screen goes, you can try these guys.

They have the iphone 4 cradle for around $75 BUY Bury Apple iPhone 4 S9 Active Cradle | MegaBuy Computer Parts
    Just remember you will need to do the VCDS coding for these
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    Just remember you will need to do the VCDS coding for these
    Do they work just like the VW ones after the VCDS coding has been applied?

Users Country Flag
    I believe the genuine one has buttons, these Bury branded ones don't, but I have one, and it works. My phone charges, and I can connect directly via Bluetooth, but needed VCDS coding. Any specific questions?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ill0gitech View Post
    I believe the genuine one has buttons, these Bury branded ones don't, but I have one, and it works. My phone charges, and I can connect directly via Bluetooth, but needed VCDS coding. Any specific questions?
    Thanks
    What VCDS coding does it actually need, just the one to disable the warning when the touch screen is missing?
    What bluetooth device do you end up connecting it to?

Users Country Flag
    Just to let you know its now possible to order an iPhone5 Cradle from VW Germany. Not that the iPhone5 is out yet, but...
    MY12.5 Candy White 5 door Polo GTI. Upgrades/Mods = RNS510 H LED, RVC camera, Auto Lights Dash Sound Actuator GTI button, Gavs Footrest(!)
    WIP = Miltek Turboback Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Red Stuff brake pads (Nov '13)

Users Country Flag
    The dealer has just put in this adapter for me Original VW Bluetooth Pairing Adapter | eBay. Works perfectly with RCD 510.
    2011 Volkswagen Polo 77TSI DSG COMFORTLINE Hatchback | Reflex Silver |Comfort Pack | Audio Pack

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by robbo600 View Post
    Thanks
    What VCDS coding does it actually need, just the one to disable the warning when the touch screen is missing?
    What bluetooth device do you end up connecting it to?
    I had to do none, I bought a cradle and paired iPhone 4 manually via mfd. Never complains about vw touch adapter.
    Maybe different situation for non MY 12.5 or non GTI, also I have RCD510.
    Some people who have removed touch adapter have done recoding to disable a2dp Bluetooth music playback because they are trying to connect iPhone via cable in glovebox as a music player but also via bluetooth and things get confused. Find a post on here by readerr0r maybe I think. Hope that helps, try it out before buying vcds.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Maybe different situation for non MY 12.5 or non GTI, also I have RCD510..
    I've also got a MY12.5 GTI with RCD510, paired through the MFD, but as soon as I took away the touch adapter from the dock and put my own Bury cradle in, I got the touch adapter missing alert on the MFD. But then mine's not the genuine VW one, which it's been mentioned doesn't need coding

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast