Support VWWC

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats with the removable bluetooth screen thingie?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by csw05 View Post
    Can anyone with the iPhone Bluetooth cradle confirm if their is any room between the iPhone and the cradle or does the iPhone sit very snug? The reason I ask is that I have a cover on my iPhone for protection and would prefer not to remove it for use in the car.

Cheers
    Chris
    No, it's snug. Someone did post photos and video at some point.
    No room for a case on the phone.
    I don't believe In phone cases anymore so not an issue for me, they can still break if you drop them and there's no point protecting it from scratches if it's covered with a case always.
    While im on the topic; It boggles my mind that people can own a phone for a year or two covered with one of those horrible screen protectors that are so soft and easily scratched with horrible bubbles and hair and dust and never see the glass underneath. iPhone's are made with gorilla glass it's hard to scratch, I think they must see how quickly the screen protector gets scratched and looks terrible and incorrectly think that's how there glass would have looked after the same wear.
    I'd say ditch the case and screen protector if u use obe and enjoy using the phone in its beautiful and slender designed form.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by readerr0r View Post
    The unit doesn't have a cry because the touch adapter is missing, it has a cry because nothing is in the cradle. So since you replaced the touch adapter with the iPhone cradle it'll be fine.

*You only need to do VCDS coding if you want nothing in the cradle*
    I wanted to update this thread in case anyone does the same thing as I did.
    I purchased a S9 Active cradle dock from a Bury distributor in Australia. AUD$83+postage. It's sightly different to the German ones linked in this thread, and it doesn't have the front two buttons. With that dock in the cradle, I still received the cradle errors.

So it DID need a recode.

To clarify the steps taken: With the Bluetooth Screen connected, you get full MFD functionality for phone. This includes directly bluetoothing to your phone, instead of through the touch adaptor. Do this, and then un-pair the touch adaptor. Disable bluetooth on your phone.
    You will then need to re-code the telephone function in VCDS per readerr0r's steps

Once done, I then renabled blutooth on my phone, placed it in the cradle sitting on the dock and we were done.

Thanks to The_Hawk for his VCDS help, and readerr0r for the helpful VCDS steps.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ill0gitech View Post
    I wanted to update this thread in case anyone does the same thing as I did.
    I purchased a S9 Active cradle dock from a Bury distributor in Australia. AUD$83+postage. It's sightly different to the German ones linked in this thread, and it doesn't have the front two buttons. With that dock in the cradle, I still received the cradle errors.

So it DID need a recode.

To clarify the steps taken: With the Bluetooth Screen connected, you get full MFD functionality for phone. This includes directly bluetoothing to your phone, instead of through the touch adaptor. Do this, and then un-pair the touch adaptor. Disable bluetooth on your phone.
    You will then need to re-code the telephone function in VCDS per readerr0r's steps

Once done, I then renabled blutooth on my phone, placed it in the cradle sitting on the dock and we were done.

Thanks to The_Hawk for his VCDS help, and readerr0r for the helpful VCDS steps.
    Thanks for the tip ill0gitech, I'll update my posts.

Does the bury unit still charge? I'm also curious if these play songs via the dock connector or through the BT, but I'd probably stick with the MDI system myself (I like being able to change playlists from the HU).
    MY16 Octavia RS 162 Race Blue Combi

MY12 Skoda Octavia RS 147 Black Combi - Sold

Users Country Flag
    Does the bury unit still charge?
    Yes. It also means my phone is no longer in my lap and getting knocked out of the car when I get out
    I'm also curious if these play songs via the dock connector or through the BT
    Bluetooth. I have a USB stick in my MDI at the moment. The quality playing bluetooth was better than anything I've heard playing Bluetooth before. Sounded like it was plugged directly in to the car through a digital interface.
    I noticed in your post you had disabled A2DP, which I didn't do.
    I'd probably stick with the MDI system myself (I like being able to change playlists from the HU).
    Whilst I played around with changing songs on BT, I've not played around with playlists. I might test that out at some stage, but at the moment I'm happy using USB for my music over my phone. Phone's don't like getting texts or emails etc whilst playing music. Well, they do, but I don't want to hear my alert tones interrupting my songs

And thanks again for your help. If not for you I'd still have that ugly touch adaptor, wondering why it didn't match the screen of the RCD510

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ill0gitech View Post
    And thanks again for your help. If not for you I'd still have that ugly touch adaptor, wondering why it didn't match the screen of the RCD510
    Not a problem . Yeah if you connect an iPhone via MDI you get the selection menu in the bottom right where you can select playlist, artist, album etc. Not sure if this happens with BT

Fun fact, the unit actually does match. For VW red is audio, blue is navigation and green is phone. That's why the BT unit is green

Users Country Flag
    @ readerrOr....can you please move to Melbourne....pretty please... No State bashing now
    This gal wants auto lights, (line up with Golf) crappy touchscreen removed.....like what you're doing to yours
    Last edited by GTI mk6; 06-08-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    Current ride..MY10 Golf MkVI GTI | 5 dr | CW | < DSG >| Leather| Dynaudio | Sensors | Tint | R tails
    Current ride...MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI | 5 dr | CW | Xenons | Alcantara Leatherette /4

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GTI mk6 View Post
    @ readerrOr....can you please move to Melbourne....pretty please... No State bashing now
    This gal wants auto lights, (line up with Golf) crappy touchscreen removed.....like what you're doing to yours
    Hah, appreciate the love GTI mk6, but that'd be a bit of a task . The touch screen removal would be pretty easy with anyone familiar with VCDS and I'm sure someone in Melbourne can lend a hand and cable for that (See here http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...elp-27504.html).

As for the auto lights, well maybe someone near you will tackle it on their own Polos and help out with yours I know a few people are giving it a shot.

Users Country Flag
    Hah, appreciate the love GTI mk6, but that'd be a bit of a task . The touch screen removal would be pretty easy with anyone familiar with VCDS and I'm sure someone in Melbourne can lend a hand and cable for that (See here http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...elp-27504.html).

As for the auto lights, well maybe someone near you will tackle it on their own Polos and help out with yours I know a few people are giving it a shot.
    Hehe, you're welcome.....was worth a try huh
    thanks for the link and your input on here, your posts are very helpful (speaks to my wish list) and helped those more
    pro active members.....I feel a bit nervous with anyone fiddling with the ‘motherboard' (renamed) even though I have had a few things done on the Golf......guess I'm more nervous about it being done then down the track if I need it undone...would hate to be left in the lurch so to speak....always got that factory warranty in the back of my mind...probably over analyzing the situation, sorry You come across very confident in what you've done and that's reassuring.....okay enough said LOL
    Current ride..MY10 Golf MkVI GTI | 5 dr | CW | < DSG >| Leather| Dynaudio | Sensors | Tint | R tails
    Current ride...MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI | 5 dr | CW | Xenons | Alcantara Leatherette /4

Users Country Flag
    I'm also curious if these play songs via the dock connector or through the BT
    Tested today, definately plays through Bluetooth. So back-foward and volume control only, and playlist selection only through phone.
    Fun fact, the unit actually does match. For VW red is audio, blue is navigation and green is phone. That's why the BT unit is green
    Noted, but disagreed with

Users Country Flag

Hi guys,

Just received my My12.5 Polo GTI and the touch screen thingy is rather disturbing.
    This post has certainly cleared things up a little bit and thank you all for the helpful info.

Is there a chance of removing the Touch screen adapter, leaving the cradle on, but having my Samsung S3 connected to the Bluetooth and MDI without reprogramming with VCDS? When unplugging the Touch adapter, I couldn't get my phone to pair up with the bluetooth inside the car, or would the dealership know how to disable the touch screen, so I could just connect via bluetooth?

Cheers,

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast