Support VWWC

Thread: What Bulbs Are The Day Time Driving Lights? (2015 Volkswagen Polo 1.2L 81TSI 6C)

Users Country Flag

Lightbulb What Bulbs Are The Day Time Driving Lights? (2015 Volkswagen Polo 1.2L 81TSI 6C)

Hey everyone!

I am looking to change the bulbs in my day time driving lights section from factory to LEDs. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on what type of bulbs they are and if anyone has any suggestions on the best LED's/white lights to suit these lights?

Car Model: 2015 Volkswagen Polo 1.2L 81TSI 6C

Thank you in advance!!

Users Country Flag

What Bulbs Are The Day Time Driving Lights? (2015 Volkswagen Polo 1.2L 81TSI 6C)

Are the DRL’s in the fog lights on your car? If so, apparently the DRL bulbs are a T20 (also known as W21W), although i suggest you check before ordering anything.

2015 Polo headlight

Places to buy:
    illumo
    Supanova
    Blingwork Auto

Make sure you get Canbus compatible lights if you replace with LED’s otherwise you will an error on your dash. If using regular incandescent bulbs it doesnt matter.
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 08-07-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yes they are! Thank you very much for you response!! its going to help a lot!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Its a Polo View Post
    Hey everyone!

I am looking to change the bulbs in my day time driving lights section from factory to LEDs. I was wondering if anyone could help me out on what type of bulbs they are and if anyone has any suggestions on the best LED's/white lights to suit these lights?

Car Model: 2015 Volkswagen Polo 1.2L 81TSI 6C

Thank you in advance!!
    Literally just the other day i purchased these LED replacements for the DRL's in my 2016 81TSI. Extremely fast delivery as they were local to me, and no Canbus errors.
    T20 7443 W21/5W Wedge LED Light Dual Filament Parker

Good luck getting the fog light trim covers off without breaking anything

What Bulbs Are The Day Time Driving Lights? (2015 Volkswagen Polo 1.2L 81TSI 6C)-20200709_210101_resized_li-jpg
    Before - After

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by newpants View Post
    Good luck getting the fog light trim covers off without breaking anything
    Did the same. Damaged plastic covers.
    But there is an option, a better alternative

It is possible to access the light-bulb socket from behind, accessing it from underneath.
    It is more involved than ripping the plastic covers out but less damaging.

So you'll need to jack up, at least, the front of the car.
    Unscrew all those torx holding the plastic cover under the engine.
    Safely get under the engine and visualize where the sockets are.
    Remove socket and replace globe with LED or whatever.

Also it is possible to "push out" the plastic trim covers with minimal damage. Just find the multiple little clips holding the trims and push from inside towards the front of the car.
    Remember that soapy water liberally applied will help the trims to slide out. They are held just by tension.

Hope this helps.

PS: Broken, cracked plastic trim covers can be sort-of-fixed with superglue. It is only plastic.
    Last edited by LFO; 26-08-2020 at 05:17 PM. Reason: My confusing description ...