Thread: Vw polo epc light ongoing for 1.5 years

Vw polo epc light ongoing for 1.5 years

Good morning.,
    I am having a very bad experience with our vehicle.

Our car is volkswagen polo 2013 and has done only 48000 km

Jan 2019 our car had epc light warning and we took it to VW in Melville and paid about $900

In June 2019 the epc sign came on again and we took it to VW Osborne park.paid about $500.

I drove the car from the service centre 100 meters after it was serviced and epc came on again. They fixed it again

In feb 2020 we took our car to service in VW Osborne park and the technician advised us to fix some issues and we paid $750.

June 2020 the car started shaking and epc sign came on again and took it VW Osborne park. And they fixed it

June 2020 again, the low oil sign came on even though the car was serviced recently

July the 5th 2020 ,the car started shaking and epc sign came on again and we will take it VW AGAIN.

Can you please advise is this normal? Do i have any rights? Xan i ask compensation

[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Users Country Flag
    Hi - first of all please don't post the same topic in 3x different threads. Totally unnecessary.

What model Polo do you have (what engine). Is the car automatic (DSG) or manual?

What work was done by the VW dealerships on each of the occasions? What symptoms did the car have when the EPC light came on?

We need more information if there is any way we can try to help you out.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks for your reply.
    It is 2013 auto polo tsi

I remember they changed the sparks in 2019 jan

After 6 months the light came again but don't remember what they changed.
    Yesterday when the light came car was shaking. And i just stoped driving. So basically this bloody warning light came 5 times in the last one and haf year

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by alexperth View Post
    Thanks for your reply.
    It is 2013 auto polo tsi

I remember they changed the sparks in 2019 jan

After 6 months the light came again but don't remember what they changed.
    Yesterday when the light came car was shaking. And i just stopped driving. So basically this bloody warning light came 5 times in the last one and half year
    Sounds like its misfiring (hence the engine shaking) which means that the car is not running on all 4 cylinders like it should be. If your spark plugs have already been changed recently then its likely to be the ignition coils (which clip onto the spark plugs and make them fire) or a fuel injector/fuel supply issue.

Given that you have not had much luck or confidence in the various VW dealerships fixing this issue in the past, I suggest you take it to a more experienced European car mechanic to have it looked at.

Balcatta: Eurospec - Audi service Perth | VW Repair Perth

Jandakot or Lansdale: German Auto Service | Audi BMW Mercedes & VW Service and Repair

Wangara: Elite Euro | VW Audi & SKODA | European Car Service Centre Perth

VW mobile mechanic: Mobile Mechanic

Osborne Park: VA TECHNIC - Service, Repairs, Tuning and Mechanic Perth WA
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag

Also if you drive the car very gently, you may have some carbon buildup that can cause misfire. At least once a week accelerate the car as fast as it can to help clean this out (also known as the Italian Tune up).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST