Support VWWC

Thread: Volkswagen Polo 2010 77TSI 6R - driver window, window control, convenience function

Users Country Flag

Volkswagen Polo 2010 77TSI 6R - driver window, window control, convenience function

Hi Folks,

I am hoping for some insight into troubleshooting the issue I am having with my Polo. The front driver window is playing up. If I remove the door wiring loom, wiggle it around, and reconnect it, the window will work 2-3 times and then stops working. All other times, the I cannot move the window. I cannot control the passenger windows from the driver window controller, or put all the windows up/down by holding down the close/open button on the key (i.e., the window convenience function).

I have checked all fuses (including those in the engine bay), checked the wiring loom for any kinks or rust, and disconnected the battery for 15 minutes as suggested on some forums. Oh, i have also checked the connections to the comfort control module above the driver footwell.

Any ideas on how I can troubleshoot/diagnose the issue?

Cheers,
    David.

Users Country Flag

Hi David,

I can’t help but I share your pain. I have a 2014 77tsi and my driver’s window is faulty too. Mine has to go all the way down before it will come back up. You lower it an inch and then lift the button- which on all the other windows would close the window- but the window goes down- all the way. Only after going all the way down can you bring it up again.