Thread: Vogtland Club Lowering Suspension Kit

Users Country Flag

Cool Vogtland Club Lowering Suspension Kit

Here's my review of the Vogtland Club Kit that comes with the springs and a set of matched shocks.
    This set me back about $517 (Aussie dollars) plus shipping.

I bought them from DemonTweeks and the part number is: VOG960585

I installed new Sachs front strut tops and new Sachs rear bump stops at the same time.
    Do not use the shorter Seat Ibiza Cupra bump stops with this kit. The standard ones are required for the correct ride height and carrying capacity.

Front Spring Rate = 23N/mm
    Rear Spring Rate = 15 - 21N/mm
    *Not sure how correct these are as my email to Vogtland could have been lost in translation.

Looks: Very nice stance, not too low as we don't have amazing roads here. It sits 340mm from hub to guard, front and rear.

Comfort: I've had Whiteline and Eibach on standard shocks, these walk all over them. These are better at soaking up small bumps than standard and they handle big bumps as good as standard.

Performance: These may take some getting used to as they do soak up road imperfections better than stock, this translates to a little less confidence in corners initially (side effect of progressive springs). However once you throw it into some corners it will hunker down and sit flat throughout. Mid corner bumps are not an issue and it behaves very well, no skipping across the road.

Value: On my 6R, I blew the stock rear shocks and it cost me $200 AUD each to buy them from VW. So $517 for springs AND shocks is an absolute bargain here. The build quality is great and they went in without a hitch.
    Anyone considering these over just springs and don't want to fork out more for coilovers, these are the bee's knees.

Edit: My car has 110,000km on it and the stock front shocks were pretty flogged. They pushed down with nearly no resistance and they returned pretty slowly.

Vogtland Club Lowering Suspension Kit-img_20211016_202819_845-jpg

Vogtland Club Lowering Suspension Kit-img20211017181423-jpg
    Last edited by TacticalDogg0; 19-10-2021 at 01:38 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Some more pictures:

Vogtland Club Lowering Suspension Kit-img20211017181433_li-jpg

Vogtland Club Lowering Suspension Kit-img20211017183227_li-jpg
    Last edited by TacticalDogg0; 18-10-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Thank you for posting this - am in the process of looking for something similar for my son's car and this seems like a great option. Do you mind me asking roughly what delivery cost from the UK?

How do you find the Bridgestone tyres? I was hoping to put Michelin Pilot Sport 4's on for him, but it seems they are unavailable until the new year at this stage. Am currently tossing up between the Bridgestones like yours, and the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT.

This is my young bloke's bus, just after we collected it from having the new wheels fitted. In the process of refurbing the originals so he can get some track day tyres mounted on them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vogtland Club Lowering Suspension Kit-gti-jpg  
    Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Thank you for posting this - am in the process of looking for something similar for my son's car and this seems like a great option. Do you mind me asking roughly what delivery cost from the UK?

How do you find the Bridgestone tyres? I was hoping to put Michelin Pilot Sport 4's on for him, but it seems they are unavailable until the new year at this stage. Am currently tossing up between the Bridgestones like yours, and the Pirelli P Zero Nero GT.

This is my young bloke's bus, just after we collected it from having the new wheels fitted. In the process of refurbing the originals so he can get some track day tyres mounted on them.
    You're very welcome. I could not find a review online for this particular kit so I thought I would contribute.

It was about $313 for UPS Express delivery from the UK to NSW Australia. I found a seller on ebay Germany who had it listed with postage for about $100 less but it was too late, I had already ordered.

I got my Bridgestone RE003's from Jax Tyres. I missed out on the promo and paid retail. I was originally after Michelin PS4's but I couldn't find them anywhere! Anyway, the RE003's handle exceptionally well so I am pretty happy with them.

Users Country Flag

Thanks again, that is great information. Big thumbs up from my son - I think he'll be ordering that suspension kit early in the new year by the sounds of it.
    Cheers