Thread: Virtual Cockpit Retrofit/Custom fit

Users Country Flag

Question Virtual Cockpit Retrofit/Custom fit

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone knows if its possible to install a retrofit or custom fit virtual cockpit (Digital dashboard cluster) into a VW polo gti 2013 6r, I've seen some people who claim to have done it but can't find a product anywhere to retrofit into my polo.

Thanks in advanced

Users Country Flag
    Im pretty certain the 2014 and earlier Polo is not compatible with the virtual cockpit because its non-MQB platform. Dont quote me but I believe this is correct.

Not saying its not possible, but would not be straight forward and would no doubt require aftermarket wiring/modules etc.

Several places (like VW Central) sell them for the Golf's. Might be worthwhile contacting them to see if they can source the necessary parts for the Polo (trim pieces etc in addition to the actual screen).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    6R no. AW from 2018 onwards only.
    As Lucas said, must be MQB (A0) based car, not PQ25.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Has anyone here fitted one of the aliexpress ones to a mk7?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk