Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Urgent Assistance Needed, Pushing Brake Piston Back

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Just quietly, I'd prefer not to break my brakes... Lol

Will say though, they wore very very oddly, my front inner and outer pads still have an even 5mm on each side after 75,000km the rear inner pads on both sides were almost worn right down with 1mm left and the outer had 2mm.. Replaced the rotors too which wore nice and even.

I think it's done alright considering this is the first time I've ever needed to do any brake pad or rotor maintenance. I did flush the system at 60,000km/ my two year mark

Users Country Flag

I've found the rears to wear faster than the fronts too, but I've never had the front pads/rotors replaced because they had worn excessively – only because the front rotors start to shudder under braking.
    My car had the original factory rear rotors on it until I did that brake job just a few weeks ago, with 120,000km on them after two sets of pads (factory & one replacement set). Still enough disc left to do the job but definitely needed replacing at that point!
    Alex Aescht

MY13 Dark Silver VW up! 5-door 55MPI manual — Comfort Style Pack, Comfort Drive Pack, Maps + More, Panoramic Sunroof
    MY11 Pepper Grey VW Polo Comfortline 66TDI manual ― Comfort Pack, Audio Pack.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12