Thread: Strange Behaviour

Users Country Flag

Strange Behaviour

Starting the car in the morning is interesting for my 77tsi.

It's just over a year old now, and have had zero concern until now really.

Starting the car during the day (cold start after sitting for 8 hours) is fine, the starter motor cranks nicely and quickly and starts after about 6 churns.

In the morning (17-20 degrees - cold engine start after sitting for the night) on the other hand, it will those 6-8 churns but they happen considerably slower than normal and sometimes does the cold start engine speed at approximately 1000-1100 rpm and sometimes it just hangs around 750rpm like when it's warm after sitting the night....

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this or any comments or actions I should be taking?
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Sounds more like a battery issue than anything else to me...

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    Sounds more like a battery issue than anything else to me...
    Thanks for replying gavs,

I've had the battery voltage tested by VW and they said it seemed to be normal, like a 1 year old battery should be.

I guess I shouldn't worry too much until the battery dies i suppose?
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.
    IT'S HEREEEEE 18' Skoda Octavia 110tsi Manual Hatch | Race Blue | Tech Pack | Luxury Pack | Panoramic Roof | Turini Alloys | Various VCDS Tweaks | RS Spoiler | Mars Bar Holder
    R.I.P; 13' VW Polo 77tsi Comfortline Manual | Candy White | Sport Pack | Pioneer AVH X3800DAB + Clarion Bass Pack

Voltage doesn't mean jack, it depends on when they test it and they should be testing more than just voltage to truly test the way the battery is working and storing, accepting and releasing charge...

Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    Voltage doesn't mean jack, it depends on when they test it and they should be testing more than just voltage to truly test the way the battery is working and storing, accepting and releasing charge...
    Okay, so from what I'm gathering, when I have asked them to check the battery, it hasn't been done correctly.

Should I take it to an independent Auto Electrician to perform a test?
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LukePolo View Post
    Okay, so from what I'm gathering, when I have asked them to check the battery, it hasn't been done correctly.

Should I take it to an independent Auto Electrician to perform a test?
    Yes, it needs to have a drop test done, to see how it performs under load. Could easily show 13volts with the ignition off but not be able to provide the current for starting.

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post
    Yes, it needs to have a drop test done, to see how it performs under load. Could easily show 13volts with the ignition off but not be able to provide the current for starting.

Gavin
    Thanks for that Gavin, i'll get that done.

This car isn't proving as reliable as what I once thought, I'm getting a little nervous about a few symptoms.

It's left me stuck at home or on the side of a road a couple times now, for the high amount of km that I do, I can't afford to be without a car.
    I Sell Nissans Skodas.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LukePolo View Post
    Thanks for that Gavin, i'll get that done.

This car isn't proving as reliable as what I once thought, I'm getting a little nervous about a few symptoms.

It's left me stuck at home or on the side of a road a couple times now, for the high amount of km that I do, I can't afford to be without a car.
    Could be warranty if it's just a year old?

Gavin

Users Country Flag
    Take it to Battery World they usually use a digital load tester
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by h100vw View Post

Gavin
    Thank you other Gavin

Luke, what Gavin wrote is exactly what they need to check. If battery is ok, I'd look at charging systems. If they're ok then it's something entirely different.