Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Polo GTI Pricing and Specifications Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    Ummm, not really. See, the charge for dealer delivery is predominantly how much it costs to get your car complianced, put on a transport and delivered. Along with the QA inspection cost and the "car wash", that basically covers dealer delivery.

It's the cost of the car itself that you can move the price on, the capital cities seem to have a monopoly going on with price fixing, "sorry sir, we are not allowed to discount the price of a Polo GTI"... yet you go to a country dealer and they're more than happy to discount normally as GTIJOE found out.
    Except if you get it through a leasing company and suddenly both a "discount" and a reduced "dealer delivery" appear on the order.
    The DD can be reduced to amounts like $1359

Users Country Flag
    On top of general discounts on the car itself and options? 10% off options at minimum?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by crumbs View Post
    On top of general discounts on the car itself and options? 10% off options at minimum?
    and don't forget any deals volkwagen may have with your employer or professional association you may belong to, this alone took I think almost $2k from my driveaway price.
    Sword Dude

2011 77 TSI Polo manual Flash Red with Sport Pack
    2014 (MY15) 125 TDI Superb Outdoor 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Sword_Dude View Post
    and don't forget any deals volkwagen may have with your employer or professional association you may belong to, this alone took I think almost $2k from my driveaway price.
    Exactly. For example, if you're an employee of Henkel Adhesives and you buy a locally built Ford model, you can get quite a high corporate discount because you work for a tier 1 supplier to Ford. Most discounting comes off the actual vehicle price, not the driveaway costs.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Ummm, not really. See, the charge for dealer delivery is predominantly how much it costs to get your car complianced, put on a transport and delivered. Along with the QA inspection cost and the "car wash", that basically covers dealer delivery.
    I have a friend who preps cars for delivery. Apparently for modern cars, there is more to it than simply washing the car. Much of the electronics are turned off for transport, and so all of these must be turned on. I don't know how time consuming that would be, but given how many people on these forums end up with cars that don't do what they are supposed to (non-sensing wipers, for example), it seems that it might be a time consuming, step by step procedure. Personally, I think I'd enjoy that job!

Yeah, exactly Rob. The QA (quality assurance) inspection is at least 1.5 days worth of work. That alone is a mechanic's wage for 1-2 days, billed at a labour rate of what, $100/hr? For 2 full days that alone is $1600.... Mind you, like you said, not sure what it is they exactly do (mine had wrong software loaded into the interior electronics!)

Yeah, exactly Rob. The QA (quality assurance) inspection is at least 1.5 days worth of work. That alone is a mechanic's wage for 1-2 days, billed at a labour rate of what, $100/hr? For 2 full days that alone is $1600.... Mind you, like you said, not sure what it is they exactly do (mine had wrong software loaded into the interior electronics!)
    If it actually took that long to pre-deliver a car you would need a workforce in the 1000s just to process all the new imported cars being delivered (at 1.5 days per car) ... let alone enough other staff to perform the usual servicing of cars at the dealership.

I would be surprised if the actual pre-delivery took more than a few hours. And the majority of that could be performed by relatively unskilled labour (clean inside and out, attach plates and rego sticker)

Users Country Flag
    Wash car, add mats, add pretty ribbon. They're not dyno-testing these things.

Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    If it actually took that long to pre-deliver a car you would need a workforce in the 1000s just to process all the new imported cars being delivered (at 1.5 days per car) ... let alone enough other staff to perform the usual servicing of cars at the dealership.

I would be surprised if the actual pre-delivery took more than a few hours. And the majority of that could be performed by relatively unskilled labour (clean inside and out, attach plates and rego sticker)
    Confirmed 1.5 days on my polo including the wash and number plate fitment.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051