Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Polo GTI Insurance

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    You realise that the underwriters behind Coles Insurance was sold to IAG in early 2014? IAG also underwrite NRMA.
    As far as I know, WFI are still being run through separate contact centres to the NRMA Insurance brand. Coles Insurance effectively becomes IAG's budget brand, replacing their less-than-memorable online-only offshoot (circa 2010)
    Mk8 Golf GTI

Users Country Flag
    RCA for me.
    ~$600/annum

50k agreed value for car. (Car bought new for 48k recently)

25yom. Parked in driveway in a good neighborhood. Nil previous claims or licence tarnishes.

Users Country Flag
    Shannons is my insurer, $3100 per annum, $600 excess, repairer of my choice, for 6 cars and 1 car trailer, BMW M3, VW Golf Mk6, Nissan Stagea, Evo 7, Skyline R32GTST (race car) and a VW Polo GTi. Their service is excellent and they don't mind modifications, just as long as you tell them.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

Users Country Flag

Working in the insurance industry myself i'd say buy the insurance that won't give you a headache when you need to claim. Sure you can get cheap insurance at what cost to you.

Main things to consider;
    * No-Claim bonus protection (preferably lifetime)
    * What excess are you going to pay
    * agreed value or market value
    * Choice of repairer
    * Cover for mods
    * what options you want. E.g: Windscreen protection, rental car for accidents, roadside assistance (VW dealer should supply that automatically)
    * standard inclusions. E.g: accommodation, towing, taxi, extra drivers, re-keying of locks, etc

I pay $635 a year, agreed value @ $31k, $350 excess, lifetime rating 1 NCB protection, windscreen cover, my choice of repairer. I'm 30 and in Adelaide. I use a broker as my company wants $980 even with a staff discount.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12