Page 225 of 226 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226 LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 2252

Thread: Polo GTI High Oil Usage - Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ScotRok View Post
    Now done over 6500k since the work was done and only used 300ml of oil!
    Just checked the oil today, been a bit lax, done another 7000 or so Km since I last reported. And needed about 500ml as it was just on the minimum mark. Due a service in 1300km, so looks like it is now using around a litre of oil between services. I would call that very acceptable.

Users Country Flag
    Mine just went over 3 years old at 6XXXX Km's and I have to fill the oil regularly. I brought it up with the dealer while it was still under warranty. Apparently there is fix bulletin that was released, where they need to replace the 'oil injectors'.
    This was all covered under warranty. But since, the oil consumption has been minimal

Hi guys. Can somebody please share the TSB bulletin for the Oil Injector or Squirter replacement?
    I can't find this anywhere.

Bump. Anyone?

Excessive Oil Consumption in Polo GTI 6R

In the past few weeks I’ve realised that my car is blowing a lot of smoke out of the exhaust and every few days I’ve been having to top the oil sump up. I have been putting in Castrol 5W30 oil in it.

Taking it in to the dealer on Monday morning for a check up, even though routine maintenance was carried out at 79,000km

The car is currently on 82,050kms

Has anyone else had a similar problem?

Users Country Flag
    Hello there.Do you have any update on your car?

I bought mine on January with 116.000kms.Now the car has 126.000kms. On 121.000kms my mechanic performed the usual oil change.I am the 3rd owner of the car and the car has the CTHE engine manufactured on 2013.Yesterday i performed an oil check as the light came up on the dashboard.The car had almost no oil appearing in the oil "stick" you use to check your oil levels.I wanted to ask if this is normal for this engine after 4.000kms to consume so much oil.The car had its oil changed on June and now on October i added again.But when i bought it on January till June where it had the oil change,i never experienced any problems or having the check oil light, light up.

Quote Originally Posted by batstroke View Post
    Hello there.Do you have any update on your car?

I bought mine on January with 116.000kms.Now the car has 126.000kms. On 121.000kms my mechanic performed the usual oil change.I am the 3rd owner of the car and the car has the CTHE engine manufactured on 2013.Yesterday i performed an oil check as the light came up on the dashboard.The car had almost no oil appearing in the oil "stick" you use to check your oil levels.I wanted to ask if this is normal for this engine after 4.000kms to consume so much oil.The car had its oil changed on June and now on October i added again.But when i bought it on January till June where it had the oil change,i never experienced any problems or having the check oil light, light up.
    Not normal. Suggest you discuss with Audi/VW

Sent from my Mi 9 SE using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Hi all - Quick backstory - I bought my 6R GTI about 3 years ago, it wsa built in 2012 but seemingly was a runout 2013 model, bit confusing but anyway its the CTH engine.
    I bought it with only 14k Kms on the car - it basically was new and unused. For the first couple of years and up to about 30k kms I had checked every 1000kms and added 400mls ish each time. I did also get the VW garage to check and it was in tolerance.

Since 30k kms I have been checking and I have found little or no oil usage...which is surprising, same oil used, just as much usage (checking every 1000kms)...just not using oil...

My assumption is that though it was a lady commuter use prior to our usage and now is my wife's runabout, I have taken it out fairly regularly and given it a good run which i doubt happened previously. My assumption is that its now run in and lower oil usage is an indicator of that....interested in others perspectives?

Users Country Flag
    3yrs on from my last post and still only using 500 ml between services. Approximately 15,000k’s

Users Country Flag

Hi All, new UK owner of a 2012 Polo GTI!

No sign of any cam chain issues just yet, but might change as a precaution. Can anyone help with identifying for certain whether I have the CAVE of CTHE engine, as I have read the later might have the revised tensioner? Thanks!

Page 225 of 226 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226 LastLast