Page 224 of 226 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2252

Thread: Polo GTI High Oil Usage - Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ScotRok View Post
    Now done over 6500k since the work was done and only used 300ml of oil!
    Wow, not bad. Just over 4000 miles. Is that short, long or mix journeys?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeon5 View Post
    Wow, not bad. Just over 4000 miles. Is that short, long or mix journeys?
    Driving to work, 28km each way mainly town driving with about 10km of dual carriageway. Max speed 90kph. And the wife only uses it in "D"
    just had a new radiator though at 38,000. Three months out of warranty, but give VW credit they did the work as a goodwill claim.

Users Country Flag
    the new squirter thing seems to made lots of people happy.

my car ran out of warranty last july - has anyone had it done out of warranty and is able to tell me how much it cost? ive read about 4 hours of labour.

edit: my motor is a my 13.5 CTHE

To quote someone else:

The technical bulletin/product information the dealer should be referring to is 2025520 which is currently in it's 9th revision to date(2025520/9).

>CAV 438345 - optimised hose for crankcase ventilation, 03c 103 474 ad;
    >CTH 023901 - optimised air intake, 6r0 129 684 e;
    >CTH 165646 - oil injectors with 1.2mm diameter, 03c 103 157 a;
    Replace oil & filter;
    Update engine control module software, latest revision being 03c 906 027 AR with 9970 version.
    Last edited by mrkris; 01-08-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkris View Post

my car ran out of warranty last july - has anyone had it done out of warranty and is able to tell me how much it cost? ive read about 4 hours of labour.

edit: my motor is a my 13.5 CTHE

To quote someone else:

The technical bulletin/product information the dealer should be referring to is 2025520 which is currently in it's 9th revision to date(2025520/9).

>CAV 438345 - optimised hose for crankcase ventilation, 03c 103 474 ad;
    >CTH 023901 - optimised air intake, 6r0 129 684 e;
    >CTH 165646 - oil injectors with 1.2mm diameter, 03c 103 157 a;
    Replace oil & filter;
    Update engine control module software, latest revision being 03c 906 027 AR with 9970 version.
    if you mean last month, I would be very nice to your dealer and see if they can do a goodwill claim.
    It can be done in a day but is better to leave it with them overnight so the sealant can cure fully around the sump. Labour is as you say about 4hrs.
    They can check and see if your engine falls in the build range for the bulletin.

Users Country Flag
    sadly - june before last and no extended warranty. ill give them a call to see if its something they can do - i have spend a lot of money with them over the years

Users Country Flag

My previous 2013.5 Polo GTI CTHE developed same issue as yours at around 10,000 ks. I was not prepared to go through all the test b.s. with Solitaire because it was marginally within the 500ml/1000 spec. so I obtained a quote from them which I did not go through with. From memory it was around $1000 to $1200 but a while back now.
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    My previous 2013.5 Polo GTI CTHE developed same issue as yours at around 10,000 ks. I was not prepared to go through all the test b.s. with Solitaire because it was marginally within the 500ml/1000 spec. so I obtained a quote from them which I did not go through with. From memory it was around $1000 to $1200 but a while back now.
    i did a test but i was within spec, just. so they weren't really interested in doing anything.

im a bit torn, theres a new model coming out and id expect that we would see it in about a year. do i try and keep my car going, cross my fingers that my dsg doesnt feck out and try and get another year out of it or do i go with a new 1.8 manual and be done with my current one.

regardless ill be taking one for a test drive this weekend which will probably end up with me taking one home

did you get your new one through solitaire?

Users Country Flag
    i did a test but i was within spec, just. so they weren't really interested in doing anything.

im a bit torn, theres a new model coming out and id expect that we would see it in about a year. do i try and keep my car going, cross my fingers that my dsg doesnt feck out and try and get another year out of it or do i go with a new 1.8 manual and be done with my current one.

regardless ill be taking one for a test drive this weekend which will probably end up with me taking one home

did you get your new one through solitaire?
    Loved my previous one but the oil consumption worried me so as soon as the new 1.8 came out I traded in my 6R in at Southern, I purchased the 1.8 prior to the release date but had to wait until the official day to drive it out the showroom.

Despite all the bad DSG hype I decided to stick with DSG and I don't regret it. Purchased the first one from Solitaire and I've been far from impressed with either dealer's service departments or rather service personnel/Manager attitude.

Good luck with your decision
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Users Country Flag
    Hi Have a MY13 model GTI, been using 1 litre of oil per 1800kms or there abouts for the last 4 years. It would seem Castrol has done very well out of all this. I do wonder, with all the goings on with the emissions stuff, surely a car that chews this much oil would have rubbish emissions? I get it all up the back end of my car after a week. Or do they not take into account actual oil when its sprayed out the exhaust as far as emissions go?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by morgan s View Post
    Hi Have a MY13 model GTI, been using 1 litre of oil per 1800kms or there abouts for the last 4 years. It would seem Castrol has done very well out of all this. I do wonder, with all the goings on with the emissions stuff, surely a car that chews this much oil would have rubbish emissions? I get it all up the back end of my car after a week. Or do they not take into account actual oil when its sprayed out the exhaust as far as emissions go?
    I wonder if yours falls into the range for the replacement oil squirters under the technical bulletin. VW seem to keep the fact it exists very quiet though.

Page 224 of 226 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226 LastLast