Thread: Polo GTI 2012 upgrades

Users Country Flag

Polo GTI 2012 upgrades

Hi all

I was hoping for some help with aftermarket upgrades for my car. I'm not too car savvy, but I fell in love with this car the moment I sat in it and would like to make some enhancements to it.

If there's already a thread/s about these, please point me in the right direction.

My baby has 168,000 km on it, so not too sure how much to put into her, but I'm thinking -

1. Sunroof - can I get an aftermarket one installed?
    2. Wheels - what size wheels are ideal and is there a website where I can virtually try on wheels?
    3. Media player - is there one that will fit in well to the current console?
    4. Performance chip - is it worth it?
    5. Interior lighting - how I can add some glitz inside
    6. Body kit - are there some decent australian suppliers?

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Jess
    Last edited by jessi3; 17-12-2020 at 09:18 PM.
    POLO⎜GTI⎜MY12.5⎜BLACK⎜5 DOOR⎜Comfort Pack⎜Protection Pack

Users Country Flag
    Hi Jess

Well there is some aftermarket stuff you can get but its not as a popular model as say the golf for support, there is a few threads on the forum. Dont worry about how many km is on it as long as the matanace is kept up to date and all recalls from vw are done it will be fine. My polo gti has over 215.000 km on it and still going.

Sunroof was an option with the luxury pack not to sure if there is a aftermarket one that can do it like oem

Wheels, there is a few sites that can do visuals but its best to look at google images, size wise 18s would be the best bet.

Media player. there are plug and play units that can fit the polo it is similar to the 6C polo i am sure there is a tread for that topic to.

Performance ECU flash is the way to go tho be careful some shops will say have to may km on the car, i have OEM+ from raceingline and can tell a difference down low, but make shure the recalls from vw have been done first. i have not had a problem with mine.

Lighting inside can swap out the stock bulbs for white LED lights makes the cabin look alot better can pick them up from ebay as a kit.

Body kit wise most the stuff is overseas but flow design dose a front lip that i know of.

If there is anymore questions you have more then happy to help.

Users Country Flag

Jess,

1. Sunroof - can I get an aftermarket one installed? Wouldnt fit a roof, could impact future value. Be better to buy a car factory equipped.
    2. Wheels - what size wheels are ideal and is there a website where I can virtually try on wheels? Stock is spot on IMO. Not exciting maybe. Dont go more than one size up, I find it impacts handling adversely.
    3. Media player - is there one that will fit in well to the current console? Tons of aftermarket stuff will fit. Have a look at Autobarn etc
    4. Performance chip - is it worth it? Not too many tuners will flash these, much has been written about the twin charger engine........
    5. Interior lighting - how I can add some glitz inside. Supernova in VIC for LEDs.
    6. Body kit - are there some decent australian suppliers? Not likely, look to Europe. Dont expect it to be cheap... )

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by jessi3 View Post
    Hi all

I was hoping for some help with aftermarket upgrades for my car. I'm not too car savvy, but I fell in love with this car the moment I sat in it and would like to make some enhancements to it.

If there's already a thread/s about these, please point me in the right direction.

My baby has 168,000 km on it, so not too sure how much to put into her, but I'm thinking -

1. Sunroof - can I get an aftermarket one installed?
    2. Wheels - what size wheels are ideal and is there a website where I can virtually try on wheels?
    3. Media player - is there one that will fit in well to the current console?
    4. Performance chip - is it worth it?
    5. Interior lighting - how I can add some glitz inside
    6. Body kit - are there some decent australian suppliers?

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Thanks!!
    Jess