Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: polo driving lights

Users Country Flag

polo driving lights

Hi all,

Went with my partner today to pick up her new Polo TSI and its a very nice car. The manual says that it has driving lights (page 92) and that there are two ways to activate them:
    1) get the service people to do it!
    2) lift up the indicator stalk while also pushing it back, turn on ignition for three seconds then turn off.

We have tried this and it doesn't appear to work. Are we doing something wrong, or is the manual not correct for the Australian model

ie: does the polo TSI actually have driving lights? If so how do you activate the little guys.

Said girlfriend bought a pepper grey metallic polo that looks great but hard to see. Driving lights would help. Really like them on my golf!

Thanks
    Golf VI GTI MY13 Candy white/ DSG/ Detroits/ tint/ reverse camera/ parking sensors
    2016 Skoda Octavia 162TSI RS Wagon (Silver/DSG/Tech pack/ Black pack)

Users Country Flag
    If it's the same as my Golf, try lifting up and pulling towards steering wheel and hold till you hear a beep sound, still turn ignition
    on for 3 seconds then off.
    I wanted mine off so that was pushing indicator switch down and towards steering wheel then ignition on and off again.

Going by memory here, as it's been a while since I had to do this
    Hope this works

PS sorry not sure if POLO does have driving lights or not, my manual covers all options, quiet a few are not available to us in Oz
    Last edited by GTI mk6; 10-01-2011 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Add one
    Current ride..MY10 Golf MkVI GTI | 5 dr | CW | < DSG >| Leather| Dynaudio | Sensors | Tint | R tails
    Current ride...MY12.5 Polo 6R GTI | 5 dr | CW | Xenons | Alcantara Leatherette /4

Driving lights? Or do you mean daytime running lights?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    Driving lights? Or do you mean daytime running lights?
    I think the two things are may actually different....but I'm not sure how. The manual for the Golf mentions both, I don't know about the Polo. Anywho, would like to turn on day-time/ driving lights in the Polo. Has anyone got these on? Does the Australian model have them like in the Golf??

Anyone?
    Golf VI GTI MY13 Candy white/ DSG/ Detroits/ tint/ reverse camera/ parking sensors

Driving lights where usually additional lights that came on with highbeam. Can't think of any stock production car with them except the accessory lights on a new MINI.

No Polo model then has driving lights.

Users Country Flag
    Driving Lights [Fog Lights] are available on the Polo as part of the Sports Package; Daytime Running Lights are only available on the Polo GTi [At this stage].

Basically if you don't have a Polo GTi you won't have the Daytime Running Lights [Even if you have a GTi it is unlikely you will have them because I don't know if there is one in Australia with them given the discussion in other threads]; the Driving Lights [Fog Lights] are installed in the lower half of the front bumper on the standard Polo, but if you don't have the Sports Pack you won't have them.

Hope this helps!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks William. I guess I was actually asking about the daytime running lights (aka as in the Golf). It is a shame that the manual for the Polo tells you how to activate them (page 92 I think) but we have tried this and it does't work!

For once and for all

Fog Lights ARE NOT Driving lights. They are completely opposite in their intended function.

For a definition:
    Fog/Driving lights and DRLs - NRMA Motoring & Services

...and driving lights are not daytime running lights (DRLs).

Not sure about the other models in the 6R Polo lineup but the non-xenon equipped GTI uses the low-beams as DRLs.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_vw View Post
    ...and driving lights are not daytime running lights (DRLs).

Not sure about the other models in the 6R Polo lineup but the non-xenon equipped GTI uses the low-beams as DRLs.
    Actually i think they use the highbeams (H15 bulb).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast