Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: polo driving lights

Sorry to reopen this, I’ve just brought my partner a polo gti and I’m wanting to upgrade the halogens to leds. With the drls is there anything special I need to do? Or can I just swap out the halogens for h7 leds?

Users Country Flag
    Physically it’s just a straight globe swap. There are legality questions, but I’m not going to get into that. There are some really good quality led globes around now at excellent prices.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Arummeny View Post
    Sorry to reopen this, I’ve just brought my partner a polo gti and I’m wanting to upgrade the halogens to leds. With the drls is there anything special I need to do? Or can I just swap out the halogens for h7 leds?
    Only if you want to blind everybody with your two suns in totally unsuitable reflector housings and as Doc 777 said it is illegal to do so.

Only legal way is to spend large amounts of money and put full replacement LED light full units in. ( and not cheapies from China)

This is the sort of thing I have no idea of the quality ,you should research further but thats the sort of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

VW MK7.5R STYLE HEADLIGHTS (GOLF MK7.5)– iilumo
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 03-10-2021 at 06:01 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123