Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polo/A1 TDI (yay or nay)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    The DPF regens must vary wildly from one model to another because my SQ5 takes a good 15 mins just to get oil and water up to temp and then it only starts a regen when its at 100% full (not a 98 or 99%, only 100%) and then takes a good 20-25mins to do a full regen.

Too be honest its an absolute pain in the arse and the car never does a regen when you want it to (eg we went to Sydney a few weeks ago, perfect conditions for a regen and the DPF was 82% full when we left. The DPF finally reached 100% when we were about 5 mins from home in stop/start traffic....bloody useless. So i had to drive around needlessly until the regen finished instead of going home).

I’ll never buy another diesel.
    You can do the regeneration process Stationary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    You can do the regeneration process Stationary
    Id rather not choke on the stench too be honest. There's a very strong smell that comes from the exhaust when its doing a regen and its not pleasant. That and the fact that the DPF gets very hot during the regen process much prefer knowing the air moving over the DPF will help minimise a fire situation if that ever happened.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

This is why we need synthetic fuels!!!!

If all diesels ran on a synthetic diesel with no sulphur content, there be no need for a DPF or even an EGR system.

What ever happened to Audi’s “Blue crude”
    It’s like they had the answer to the whole diesel gate scandals, but not one word on something that would of solved the whole problem.
    I always thought that this would of been the real opportunity to promote a clean, carbon neutral fuel.

Volkswagen engines are not the problem, the problem is the fuel it’s self.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123