Support VWWC

Thread: Polo 6R 77TSI - fresh air actuator issue

Users Country Flag

Polo 6R 77TSI - fresh air actuator issue

Hello!

My Polo has climate control. A couple weeks back the cabin fan sounded like it was pulsing and there was a faint clicking every second from behind the glovebox. I took the glovebox out and made the following observations:

• Only happens when set to fresh intake. When recirculating there are no issues.
    • The issue is intermittent, but happens more than it doesn't.
    • Fan works no problem at any speed.
    • What appears to be the fresh air intake actuator continually cycles as though its trying to open or move, but can't - this is the clicking noise and can be seen in the below video.
    • The cycling does impact the airflow which is the airflow pulsing sound.
    • The actuator continues to cycle even when fan is turned off.
    • Wriggling the cable that plugs into the actuator only once seemed to make the actuator cycle quicker and do random things. I couldn't reproduce this again - so could've been a coincidence.
    • The AC, heating, climate control works fine.
    • I tried bending and wriggling the actuator cable all along it and couldn't make the actuator stop cycling or start cycling.

Could someone please give any ideas on what the problem could be? Actuator, cabling, ?

Thank you!

Last edited by jamesjaws; 02-06-2019 at 05:24 PM.

polomesa Guest
    Maybe have a look at replacing the actuator

YouTube

How did you go with this? did replacing actuator fix it? i feel like i've got a similar problem with a pulsating fan sound which i suspect could be the actuator