Thread: Performance Upgrades

Users Country Flag

Exclamation Performance Upgrades

Hello VW community!

I have a few questions regarding performance. I was wondering what was the best way to increase performance? should i get a dyno tune done? should i buy a performace chip to re map the ECU then get a tune? how is the best way, and also an affordable way to increase performance?

I was also wondering if lowering springs were any good. I know that coilovers would be the best option, however, springs are in my budget range when talking about lowering my car to increase its handling.

Just to finish off, if anyone had an suggestions on places to go, what products would be best for performance upgrades etc., that would be amazing! (Located in QLD)

Car: 2015 Volkswagen Polo 1.2L 81TSI 6C
    Thank you!

Users Country Flag
    Easiest and most cost effective method to increase power on a turbo car is to get it remapped. Which state/city are you in? If you are in Brisbane go see the guys at Tarmac Engineering about a remap Engineered Performance - Tarmac Engineering

Lowering springs are a great way to low the ride height and make the car handle better. Stick with a brand like Eibach or H&R for high quality springs (expect to pay around $500 for a good quality set of springs). Don't bother with coilovers unless you intend on getting good quality ones ($2000+). The cheap stuff on ebay etc for under $700 is absolute junk.

H&R Coil Spring Lowering Kit VW Polo MK6 - 2009-on
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Spot on!
    Remap is the go. Done it, low cost, like 10-20% +power/torque.
    VW suspension is pretty good anyway & not worth the $ to f with.
    Maybe if doing proper racing I'm wrong.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Where did you go to get a remap and how much if you don't mind me asking?

Users Country Flag
    Query on this; the H&R Kit linked is for the -2 version of the springs, but if im not mistaken, the -1 is whats needed as per the front axle load ratings? however, there doesnt seem to be any australian stockist of the -1's.

What is the downside of running the -2's that are designed for higher front axle loads?

Users Country Flag
    For those of you who have done a remap, did you have to inform your insurance company? Will remapping affect any insurance / accident claims?

Users Country Flag

I can't speak highly enough of the Burger JB4, plug it in, takes about 20 minutes, then drive and enjoy. Even on the basic Pump 98 map the difference is beyond what I thought possible. We have the bluetooth module and the data cable for the laptop. After a bit of logging on the higher maps I emailed the data to George and he suggested a few minor changes for the step up maps.

Since it's plug in it is very easy to remove for servicing, warranty and insurance claims if necessary. All of my cars are insured with Shannons, so mods are not an issue.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST