Support VWWC

Thread: Passenger side headlight not working, suspect headlight internal wiring, globe is ok

Passenger side headlight not working, suspect headlight internal wiring, globe is ok

Hey all,

As the subject says, I lost the passenger side headlight tonight on the way home. Figured it would be a globe but changed that and no, its not the globe. Plug in the drivers side headlight into the connector and it works so that rules out a fuse, the problem must be the internal wiring to the lens assembly, the little that there actually is. The male end of the plug on the actual headlight lens looks good, no corrosion etc.

Has anyone had similar before? I'm guessing that by looking at the unit its all fused together than unlike some of the older VW's, the lens wiring is not serviceable or replaceable and the only way to fix it will be to replace the whole light assembly or butcher the headlight assembly to be able to get at the plug connector or get the wiring diagram and splice into it before the plug and run it straight to the back of the bulb holder in question.

In typical wrecker fashion, a 2nd hand one is about $250 so i hate to think what a brand new one from VW costs.

Has anyone had similar before?
    Last edited by pontiff; 29-04-2016 at 10:44 PM.
    My Car(s): 2011 6R TSI Comfortline (Pepper Silver),
    If you're in need of any 6n1 parts, odds are that I am going to have them (dismantling 2 at the moment)