Thread: Passenger footwell leak ?

Users Country Flag

Passenger footwell leak ?

After washing the car and some rain overnight. There’s water in my front passenger floor. Looks to be leaking from somewhere behind the dash. My drain holes outside seem to be working fine.
    Anyone had his issue before ? What would it be leaking from ? A/C pipe or something behind the dash ??

Realise you’ve probably sorted this by now but perhaps useful for others... I’ve been battling with a leak in similar location and just fixed it today.

For me was a bit confusing at first as it seemed to come with rain (and I might have a rain leak too!) but it then consistently came with ac on every time and would after a bit of time running start to leak into both left and right foot well quite a lot - depending on my cornering.

I found out that the pipe that drains the ac condensate to the engine bay (middle passenger side) was pinched on the engine bay side. I don’t know how this pinch happened but it just took a flick of the finger to realise it.

I ordered a new cabin air filter as i thought the old one might have got wet with all the water backing up but after inspecting i don’t think it was affected.

oh i just realised that i found this thread by searching and i thought i searched the transporter section... so my post is about a transporter maybe it’s still useful

Most likely will be the condensation drain for the AC being twisted and the water has built up over time, seen across brand models a few times.