Thread: Part number for 6r polo lock actuator

Part number for 6r polo lock actuator

Hi guys, my hatch won’t open anymore, I’ve seen a few videos on YouTube about how to replace the part and I think I can do it myself.

i have a 2011 6r polo tsi

i thought the part number would be 5M0827505E

I messaged some eBay sellers who had this part to confirm that it works for polos and they said it’s not for a polo. One of them even had “6r polo” in the product name so I’m a bit confused.

could anyone confirm?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Redpolo View Post
    Hi guys, my hatch won’t open anymore, I’ve seen a few videos on YouTube about how to replace the part and I think I can do it myself.

i have a 2011 6r polo tsi

i thought the part number would be 5M0827505E

I messaged some eBay sellers who had this part to confirm that it works for polos and they said it’s not for a polo. One of them even had “6r polo” in the product name so I’m a bit confused.

could anyone confirm?
    They are virtually ALL the same I bought this one and it fits but you need an 8 mm multispline hex to get the two bolts off

Also have to remove tailgate trim which just pulls off carefully. It is exactly the same as the $143 Genuine ones and work perfectly We used it on a 2010 Polo 6R and it fits.

Rear Trunk Lock Lid Latch For VW GOLF MK5 GOLF GTI GOLF MK6 VW Passat 3C5 Estate | eBay
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 10-10-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    They are virtually ALL the same I bought this one and it fits but you need an 8 mm multispline hex to get the two bolts off

Also have to remove tailgate trim which just pulls off carefully. It is exactly the same as the $143 Genuine ones and work perfectly We used it on a 2010 Polo 6R and it fits.

Rear Trunk Lock Lid Latch For VW GOLF MK5 GOLF GTI GOLF MK6 VW Passat 3C5 Estate | eBay
    Thanks.

Yeah the part number in my post is also in the product description of the ebay link you posted there, but as with the listings I was looking at - Polo wasn't mentioned. I actually messaged that ebay seller to double check why they wrote "6R polo" in the name, this was the one I was probably going to order...

TAILGATE BOOT LOCK LATCH CATCH ACTUATOR FOR VW POLO 6R JETTA IV TIGUN 5M0827505E | eBay

Users Country Flag
    Thanks.

Yeah the part number in my post is also in the product description of the ebay link you posted there, but as with the listings I was looking at - Polo wasn't mentioned. I actually messaged that ebay seller to double check why they wrote "6R polo" in the name, this was the one I was probably going to order...

TAILGATE BOOT LOCK LATCH CATCH ACTUATOR FOR VW POLO 6R JETTA IV TIGUN 5M0827505E | eBay
    No get the one I got its cheaper and is the same thing After pulling the trim off took 5 mins to swap them and fitted perfectly Didnt even need any adjustment. Didnt take long to arrive so must be Aussie stock of it

I ended up ringing Vw back to confirm the part number.

Apparently it’s 6R0827505E-9b9

I went back to eBay and found an item with both this part number in the description and the one I originally thought was correct. Hopefully that means I can’t go wrong.

Also I was told by vw it could also be the microswitch which is $487 inc handle, but obviously cheaper to try replacing the actuator first.

He also said it’s not the fuse if you can hear your lock is attempting to open because that means it’s getting power.

Users Country Flag
    I ended up ringing Vw back to confirm the part number.

Apparently it’s 6R0827505E-9b9

I went back to eBay and found an item with both this part number in the description and the one I originally thought was correct. Hopefully that means I can’t go wrong.

Also I was told by vw it could also be the microswitch which is $487 inc handle, but obviously cheaper to try replacing the actuator first.

He also said it’s not the fuse if you can hear your lock is attempting to open because that means it’s getting power.
    Wonder why I bother sometimes . The one i bought was perfect. Even had the same numbering on it as the genuine one I replaced. You cant fix the microswitch as the unit is rivetted together and you ruin it by grinding them off and bending back the metal flaps that locate it all together.

Then the parts of the inner unit are plastic spot welded together and almost impossible to get apart as I found out. Also the terminals for the microswitch go through a plastic welded part and I couldnt get it apart without ruining them.

The boot worked fine with my new switch for 6 months until I sold it, so you do what you like but my $23 was well spent. It arrived in about a week from within AUS and some of the others come from China and take 2 months. Up to you I gave you good advice but obviously wasnt believed.

The microswitch failing is a common thing with these locks

E- 9b9 only means its a later iteration of the same thing.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 11-10-2021 at 10:39 PM.

Sorry mate, I trust your advice but that item is “out of stock” and the goal was to find one with the correct part number/car in the description in case I needed to return it for whatever reason. Thanks again for your input.

Users Country Flag