Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil Overfill HELP!!!

I got a proper jack...how hard is it to drain it a little myself?
    I noticed they charged me for a new sump plug..

Users Country Flag
    Don't even worry about it....trust me.....i work on 51.7 litre V12 caterpillars and MTU's and gas turbines....your lil TSI will be fine!
    Last edited by Acko1991; 20-02-2012 at 06:49 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Acko1991 View Post
    Don't even worry about it....trust me.....i work on 51.7 litre V12 caterpillars and MTU's and gas turbines....your lil TSI will be fine!
    Remind me when you see my Polo "R" to not let you hold a torque wrench...

Users Country Flag
    You think a little bit of oil is bad......you should see some of the stuff that happens in aviation. Nothing to worry about seriously....There is always lee way for things like that...If you had too much oil u would be blowing loads of black smoke before ure catalytic converter blew.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by marcs View Post
    guys i went in there today and spoke to a head mechanic, he said they do purposely overfill them however he said mine was overfilled by 3mm. He said that it wont do any damage. He said that these cars have a high oil to fuel consumption. He said I wont need a top up obviously. Whats the purpose of the manual then seriously!!!
    I've noticed mine has been overfilled before after going in for a driveway service.
    2011 Polo GTI black, audio, comfort pack, xenons, leather, alarm, sunroof, bluetooth. Picked up!!!!

I got a proper jack...how hard is it to drain it a little myself?
    I noticed they charged me for a new sump plug..
    interesting, the service manual from VW says that they shouldn't touch the sump plug, they should vacuum it out with sump plug removal a last resort.....

It's not hard to drain at all, the hardest bit is removing the underpan. The REALLY hard bit will be draining the right amount

Just use WOT for a bit, that will burn some off if you're really worried about it...

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

guys i went in there today and spoke to a head mechanic, he said they do purposely overfill them however he said mine was overfilled by 3mm. He said that it wont do any damage. He said that these cars have a high oil to fuel consumption. He said I wont need a top up obviously. Whats the purpose of the manual then seriously!!!
    Bit of a band-aid "solution" if you ask me, unless there's a TSB instructing the dealer to do that.

Why not just fill it up to MAX as normal and just give the customer a 1 l bottle of oil to put in the boot.

Why not just fill it up to MAX as normal and just give the customer a 1 l bottle of oil to put in the boot.
    I'm with you mate, though I wouldn't say band-aid solution, I'd say a bulltish solution, but i'm a pessimist when it comes to service departments

Overfill the car, say it's normal which contradicts everything the manual says about oil level, tell the customer it's fine in regards to the catalytic converter which again, contradicts the manual....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12