Page 77 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

G'day,

I picked up my new Polo 77TSI last Saturday and by Tuesday the alignment went off. It is pulling to the right.

For the record, I didn't go over any potholes or any significant bumps, just your regular suburban Melbourne roads.

Going back to the dealership this coming Tuesday. Wondering if they gona charge me.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Benkaiser View Post
    G'day,

I picked up my new Polo 77TSI last Saturday and by Tuesday the alignment went off. It is pulling to the right.

For the record, I didn't go over any potholes or any significant bumps, just your regular suburban Melbourne roads.

Going back to the dealership this coming Tuesday. Wondering if they gona charge me.
    Have you checked the tyre pressures? If one tyre has significantly less pressure than the other it will pull and the Conti's on ours got holes in them all the time when we first got it. We've got some Falkens now. No problems yet.

Dodgy alignment from delivery seems to be far too common.

Users Country Flag
    Train tracks?
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag
    Torque Steer?

Users Country Flag
    Experienced a new issue on the GTI this past week... stop start traffic.... transition from 3-2nd gear hesitation while slowing down then a massive surge and clunk (happened twice this past week).... I thought I got hit by something from behind. No accelarator bashing, just normal stop start traffic.

Added this to the things they are already looking at today!!! No confidence booster for a V-dub owner since Highschool.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by calaleu View Post
    Experienced a new issue on the GTI this past week... stop start traffic.... transition from 3-2nd gear hesitation while slowing down then a massive surge and clunk (happened twice this past week).... I thought I got hit by something from behind. No accelarator bashing, just normal stop start traffic.

Added this to the things they are already looking at today!!! No confidence booster for a V-dub owner since Highschool.
    I experience this constantly. Have advised dealer twice and been told it is normal. I have my doubts!!

Quote Originally Posted by ill0gitech View Post
    Torque Steer?
    Not in the 77. Most likely the subframe needs tweaking or the tie rods are off.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Update on our 66TDi. This morning the engine cut out while coasting, in neutral, foot no where near the clutch or accelerator. Very scary as without the engine there's no power steering and not much brakes... It's actually happened on more than one occasion. Will go to VW on the weekend.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bushnut View Post
    for all you gti oil munchers due to the excessive oil usage and the replace pisston rings fix not working the new fix has now just been released as of yesterday the modified engine breather pipe 03c103474ad tpi 2025520/5 engine must be using over 500ml over 1000ks so you might still have to have oil consumpion tests also as part of the tpi is a software update for the engine ecu so all you boys that have chips might have to get reflashed by your tuners afterwards the pipe is an easy replacement and software update should only take no more than 2hours all up. parts may need to be ordered in so you could have a little wait.
    Got the call today bout this fix from our dealer, they ordered the parts today for our car, just have to find out if they are coming from sydney or germany.
    2011 Polo GTI black, audio, comfort pack, xenons, leather, alarm, sunroof, bluetooth. Picked up!!!!

Page 77 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127177 ... LastLast