Page 56 of 181 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

It could well be any of these:

bearings in you're fuel pump have gone to poop....Probably didn't get enough grease on them.....It could be cavitating but i doubt that is occurring. Dependant on where the fuel pump is it could be something as simple as someone didn't tighten the nuts up properly when installing the fuel pump. Thats all i can think of to be honest

Users Country Flag
    Only been reading the Oil issues since late last week.. Waddya know.... I've done 4000kms in the GTI Polo and Check Oil lamp and alert pops up on the dash!! Must to go buy some Castrol tomorrow... What kind guys? Will have to read back on this thread, and should I take it to dealer?? I've driven 150km since then so it should be ok right?
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Users Country Flag

Stalling of 77TSI

Quote Originally Posted by jaedencook View Post
    My Turn:

So, after 4074km's the rattle for me has finally reached the point where i can't ignore it. Its been there since I bought it but it was a really rare occasion so i ignored it.
    It's booked into Norris VW tomorrow morning to be looked at, im certain i can replicate it too as it occurs almost evertime I accelerate.
    I'm also going to bring up the stalling issue i have, it hadn't happened for at least 1500km's but this morning while sitting at a set of lights in neutral, foot nowhere near the clutch it stalled.
    After 7000km's my Polo TSI stalled at lights, similar to yours. The dealer said that a stall issue in the Golf had a fix/patch that VW used to resolve, however, mine was the first time they had heard of it happening in the Polo, and that no fix/patch exists. They asked me to keep an eye out if it happened again. So far so good. Interested to hear if anyone else has a stalling issue with the 77TSI!
    Polo 77TSI DSG, Candy White, sports, audio,comfort packs. Rear Parking Sensors, carpet mats.

Quote Originally Posted by MJKooLio View Post
    Only been reading the Oil issues since late last week.. Waddya know.... I've done 4000kms in the GTI Polo and Check Oil lamp and alert pops up on the dash!! Must to go buy some Castrol tomorrow... What kind guys? Will have to read back on this thread, and should I take it to dealer?? I've driven 150km since then so it should be ok right?
    Don't buy any castrol because you can't buy the right stuff over the counter. You will need to look at LiquiMoly Top Tech 4200 or Shell Helix ultra fully synthetic 5W30. Nulon also have a 504/507 oil that meets the spec from VW but it's not an approved oil.

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    On the VW approved oils web page which was posted on this forum...it stated that Castrol Edge 5 W 30 etc were approved oils by VW-AG?

Users Country Flag
    Oil Consumption test started today and said goodbye to the supercharger squeak with a new water pump. See how long it lasts...

Oil test not required anymore repairs to commence march 19.
    Last edited by kelal; 23-02-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    2011 Polo GTI black, audio, comfort pack, xenons, leather, alarm, sunroof, bluetooth. Picked up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acko1991 View Post
    On the VW approved oils web page which was posted on this forum...it stated that Castrol Edge 5 W 30 etc were approved oils by VW-AG?
    Correct, but you cannot buy Castrol EDGE over the counter in australia, you need to specially order it in. Australia gets Catrol EDGE Sport for the locally built cars.

People constantly argue the point until they're blue in the face about what's in a name, but try claiming warranty on an oil related issue when not using an approved oil, even if you only mention it in passing......

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    schieße......noted!

Screenshot from the 'Whats New' section in erWIN under the Technical Service Documents. Shows what customers are complaining about......

Definitely a few there that people have been mentioning......
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Users Country Flag

interesting.. mines done 30,000km, had it for 15months; and i thought mine was a lemon but seems not.

I sorted the rattling at about 5000km, seems the fuel line was too short and rattled against the body, so they put a longer one and its fine.

At about 20000km I had check engine lights for a week, they couldnt figure it, then they finaly discovered the turbo pressure valve wasnt installed properly on production line. replaced the turbo, took 3 days, all good now.

Recently the clutch has been slipping and the gearbox shuttering once in a while on the DSG; diagnostics says nothing wrong; still awaiting for the DSG to eventually kill itself by the looks of it...

Stalled at the lights twice on me; apparently common with the DSG.

Rear speaker being replaced when im bothered to go back again because apparently there wasnt foam placed around it so it was touching the door internally and it damaged itself.

Yesterday heard some knocking noises, after having it looked at, apparently theres some piston knocking.. awaiting for that as well.

always service it a bit before due, only drive to uni, outtings and work, mostly motorway driving and occasional sydney traffic. dont lead foot it, especially when cold.. dealer says all faults are factory related..

problem is the engine is too small for the weight.. turbo is too small for the engine; design flaw.

its going to be interesting... never again

Page 56 of 181 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast