Page 37 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: New Polo problems - Register

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gusman View Post
    My 77TSi is going back to the dealership on Wednesday to hopefully sort out the horrendous rattle at idle that has returned after the fuel line bracket fix was done in May. Had some smart alec say to me the other day, "What's wrong with your diesel?". Grrr...
    Hey Gusman, How have your dealings with the NMG service dept. gone? Do they seem to care or listen to what you have to say? thanks
    2011 Polo GTI black, audio, comfort pack, xenons, leather, alarm, sunroof, bluetooth. Picked up!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    Noticed the sunroof rattle for the first time today. Was driving along a bumpy concrete road with the roof closed and I'm pretty sure it was the wind deflector making the noise. It wasn't very loud and it wasn't a constant rattle, just every now and then. I drove back along it with the sunroof open and there was no rattle. My Astra had an awful rattle from somewhere in the dashboard and the sunroof rattle is very quiet compared to it...so it doesn't really bother me.
    hey apples I have a similar rattle with my sunroof as well. I also have a rattle coming from what sounds like the glove box dash area which happens randomly. Im trying to pinpoint some sort of consistency but cant at the moment. Its bearable but annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by marcs View Post
    hey apples I have a similar rattle with my sunroof as well. I also have a rattle coming from what sounds like the glove box dash area which happens randomly. Im trying to pinpoint some sort of consistency but cant at the moment. Its bearable but annoying.
    Do you have the MDI installed by any chance....?

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kelal View Post
    Hey Gusman, How have your dealings with the NMG service dept. gone? Do they seem to care or listen to what you have to say? thanks
    Kelal, no issue with their service the first time, but I'll let you know how it goes this time around. Taking the car back in tomorrow. Have you had issues with them or just checking them out as a servicing option?

Users Country Flag
    Kelal, no issue with their service the first time, but I'll let you know how it goes this time around. Taking the car back in tomorrow. Have you had issues with them or just checking them out as a servicing option?
    Hey Gusman just checking to see others opinions. They are in the process of either organising a courtesy car for us to pick up or they will bring the car to kel's work and take ours from there, so they can fix the dint. Whichever way they go is fine by us.

Goodluck with yours tomorrow.
    2011 Polo GTI black, audio, comfort pack, xenons, leather, alarm, sunroof, bluetooth. Picked up!!!!

Users Country Flag
    Oh right, so that's where you picked your GTi up from, congrats by the way. It sounds like sweet ride and I'm only a little bit (read: massively) jealous! Enjoy.

Users Country Flag
    Well the fuel line rattle is fixed (hopefully never to return) and FYI Kelal, the service both times I've been to NMG has been quite good. Not sure what a software update had to do with it though, unless it was to adjust the idle rpm or was for something else entirely. Whatever, I didn't question it too much since it was free and she's driving as sweetly as ever.

Users Country Flag
    Well the fuel line rattle is fixed (hopefully never to return) and FYI Kelal, the service both times I've been to NMG has been quite good. Not sure what a software update had to do with it though, unless it was to adjust the idle rpm or was for something else entirely. Whatever, I didn't question it too much since it was free and she's driving as sweetly as ever.
    Glad to hear your ride is back to normal, thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    Do you have the MDI installed by any chance....?

yes I do! why? At first I though it may have been the ipod cable rattling but took that out and same rattle.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hail22 View Post
    Had rattles ages ago, it was fixed with a bracket system.

Now some people will say there is rattling going on when applying your foot down for power to get a lower gear in the DSG, and also when going over speed bumps Do not fret!!! it isn't a problem...it's actually the gearbox searching for the appropriate gear (happens at slower speed)...

Hi all,

I had my Polo 77TSI with a DSG gearbox since September 2010. It has all the little problems you all have mentioned.

Mind you this is my first brand new car. So I'm getting paranoid with some of the noises it is making. However last night, when the car was in stationary and about to drive up a hill (not steep at all), the change from 1st to 2nd gear was making a grinding noise from the DSG gearbox from 0-50 km/h only. It was loud enough to put my attention to it as i have the audio on as well as it was roughly took 1 second to stop grinding and shook the car a bit.

The noise of the grinding is similar to when you are in a higher gear at a slow speed in the Manual gearbox. Today when i stuck in the traffic, it does similar situation but with shorter time when i'm shifting up from 1st to 2nd not down. The car was on D mode all the time.

Could you please let me know if this happened to yours? My car has done 11,000+ km since September 2010 and it is due to go to a service soon.
    Last edited by jansy2011; 27-08-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Page 37 of 181 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast