Thread: New Head Unit Q

Users Country Flag

New Head Unit Q

Hi guys, wife has a 2015 Polo that has the standard head unit that it came with but no Apple CarPlay that I have in my Golf.

I think it's time I updated this for her and am happy to do the install but not sure of the correct unit I need for her car.

I think it's the RCD 330, but not 100%.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please as to what unit I need?

Thank you

PS - not wanting to spend big $ as we use it more in my Golf than her car, but still like to add it in for her.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Anyone please?

Users Country Flag
    If you want it to look stock then the RCD 330 is the way to go. Lemonshark on Aliexpress is the seller that comes up the most, there are a few versions so I'd look through his page and see what works best.

Users Country Flag
    Hey there. I'm late to the convo but I'm wondering what option you ended up going with as this is exactly the same situation i find myself in now. I ordered a rd330 from aliexpress but it doesn't fit our fascia (our fascia goes in between the knobs rather than around the outside of the whole unit) so now i'm looking at aftermarket options. Automotive Superstore has come packages but i was hoping to get something with wireless carplay.

Volkswagen Polo 2010-2014 Head Unit Upgrade Kit | Automotive Superstore

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PetSue View Post
    Hi guys, wife has a 2015 Polo that has the standard head unit that it came with but no Apple CarPlay that I have in my Golf.

I think it's time I updated this for her and am happy to do the install but not sure of the correct unit I need for her car.

I think it's the RCD 330, but not 100%.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please as to what unit I need?

Thank you

PS - not wanting to spend big $ as we use it more in my Golf than her car, but still like to add it in for her.

Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    The radio from a 2016-2018 Polo TSI will be what you need to get carplay. It is actually a MIB unit, wreckers should have 1 or Ebay.

Note none of the RCD's will fit as commonly seen, the fascia on the 6C Polos are different.
    Last edited by Sharkie; 04-03-2022 at 11:15 AM.
    Current: 2023 MY23 T-Roc R Lapiz Blue + Beats Audio + Black pack 2018 MY19 Golf R manual Lapiz Blue + DAP (mods are underway ) 2018 MY18 Golf 110TSI Trendline manual White (with mods now 150TSI) 2014 Amarok TSI Red (tuned over 200kw + lots of extras) 2013 Up! manual Red 10 Previous VWs and some others ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    The radio from a 2016-2018 Polo TSI will be what you need to get carplay. It is actually a MIB unit, wreckers should have 1 or Ebay.

Note none of the RCD's will fit as commonly seen, the fascia on the 6C Polos are different.
    Does the newer head unit need to be recoded, or is it plug and play ?