Support VWWC

Thread: Lowered Suspension and Bump Stops

Users Country Flag

Lightbulb Lowered Suspension and Bump Stops

On the quest to reduce the amount of wheel arch gap these Polo GTIs have with the factory sports suspension, I decided on purchasing and installing a set of Whiteline lowering springs that lower the car by 25mm in the front and 30mm in the rear.

I do realize the H&R 25/40 springs are quite lower in the rear, and the Eibach springs didn't lower it much at all. Regardless of what brand springs everyone has chosen, I do believe the rear bump stops have been overlooked by a few.

After lowering my Polo I felt that the rear suspension was overly stiff in the rear and I knew straight away something wasn't quite right. I had a look under at the bump stops while I had the missus bounce around in the boot and I could see the bump stop compressing. The car was sitting on the bump stops.

After some research on this forum, I found some members had also noticed this issue but decided to cut and glue their bump stops as a quick fix.
    I wasn't sure about cutting my bump stops as they still looked new, and keeping them intact would allow me to put the car back to standard if I wasn't happy with the Whiteline springs.

I dug around on some German and UK VW/Skoda/Seat forums and found that the Seat Ibiza Cupra has a set of factory bump stops that are about 65mm long (Polo GTI ones are about 120mm).

Part Number: 6Q0 512 131 D

I bit the bullet and ordered some from the UK, fit them and sure enough I have a lot more suspension travel!
    So for anyone running around on lowered springs and stock rear bump stops, I highly recommend ordering a set of the factory shortened ones.

Hey mate,

I have the whiteline springs too and noticed the rear is a lot more bouncy and sometimes quite harsh.

I was considering putting the std springs back in but it looks so much damn better that I have just been driving over bumps at 5km/h.

I'm happy I found this and will be ordering a set of those bump stops and hopefully it makes the ride more comfortable.

Cheers.

Hey i have the same problem with stock bumpstops on my polo 6r 2016
    Will these fit mine ? And did make it sit any lower in the rear ?
    Cheer

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Scotpurple View Post
    Hey i have the same problem with stock bumpstops on my polo 6r 2016
    Will these fit mine ? And did make it sit any lower in the rear ?
    Cheer
    This does help with ride quality a little bit with OEM shocks. With Whiteline and Eibach springs, it did not sit lower. With Vogtland springs and shocks, yes it sat lower than the front so I went back to standard. Sorry for the super late reply.