Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lots of dash lights after checking horn fuse

Users Country Flag

Lots of dash lights after checking horn fuse

Airbag dash light was on so checked fuses before thinking it was the clock spring. After this I now have so many so many dash lights on. Lost speedometer, power steering and cruise control.

I have ordered an OBD11 to try and clear codes.

I have also tried resetting ecu by disconnecting battery cables and joining them together to drain charge from all electrical.

Still trying to determine Air Conditioner fault. I think it maybe a bad sensor that may need replacing.

Any help on how to approach ABS, Airbag and AC would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    hmmm......... have you taken this car for a drive since removing/re-connecting the battery leads? If not, do so and re-poll the CAN network for errors

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Have just returned from a drive. All previous warning lights are still on. I am waiting on OBD11 to arrive in post before I can rescan.

Users Country Flag
    The ABS module looks to be offline in that scan, that will also cause the no speedo and CC not to work.

Check the fuses for the ABS unit, they also may be two of them (one for the pump and one for the controler side)

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon
    Genuine VCDS HEX-NET and VCP Pro

Disconnected battery checked all fuses. Took off ECM sprayed some contact cleaner in there. Reconnect battery same issue

Users Country Flag
    What year and engine is your Polo? I can look up the wiring diagram.

2010 - 2012 has fuses SA5 40a (Big fuse top of the battery), SC1 25a and SC4 10a (Top the left side top of the battery) for the ABS unit.

Have you got a multimeter? I can also let you know the pins to test for voltage on the ABS connector.
    MY12 Passat FSI Highline | 3.6L VR6 | Cashmere Brown | Driver Assistance Package | Dynaudio | Discover Media | TPMS Direct | Side Assist | Adaptive Cruise | 3D colour cluster | More coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by MIG View Post
    What year and engine is your Polo? I can look up the wiring diagram.

2010 - 2012 has fuses SA5 40a (Big fuse top of the battery), SC1 25a and SC4 10a (Top the left side top of the battery) for the ABS unit.

Have you got a multimeter? I can also let you know the pins to test for voltage on the ABS connector.
    VOLKSWAGEN POLO TRENDLINE Auto(DCT) or Manual 6R 06/2009~01/2012 2 Door Hatchback FWD PETROL 1.4 litre, CGGB I4 16v DOHC VVT Direct Inj {63kW}

I have a multimeter. Would be very grateful for anything to test to try and keep trying to fix my issues. Lots of dash lights after checking horn fuse

Users Country Flag
    Lots of dash lights after checking horn fuse-screenshot-2023-06-16-213505-png

Check out the fuses on top of the battery A5 40a (Big fuse top of the battery), SC1 25a and SC4 10a (Top the left side top of the battery)

Was anything touched with this connector highlighted in green?

Lots of dash lights after checking horn fuse-img_0740-jpg

Nothing has been touched on the ABS control module. I’ve disconnected it and sprayed contact cleaner in to see if there was a bad connection.

Here is a photo of my fuse box. Not sure how to check the larger fuses but will research and see if I can work it out

Users Country Flag

hmm........ without intending any offense to @MIG very reasonable suggestion and IMO of course - the problem with launching into solution mode in this case (AT THIS TIME) is that the information that is available is grossly insufficient!!.

The list of faults in your first post is inadequate - the data is only of a general nature, it doesn't even indicate when these errors occurred and it says nothing about the time relationship (if any) between the separate fault codes.

I'm not suggesting that anyone is to blame for this inadequacy - I'm just suggesting that maybe the diagnostic phase of this exercise needs to wait until you get more information.

When you get delivery of your OBD11 device - I suggest that you make sure that the "Freeze-frame" facility is enabled on the software. Then make a SCAN report and post-up a FULL (meaning unedited) copy-please

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast