I do a fair bit of night driving on country raods so I dicided to fit a led light bar from Stedi, mounting it behind the grill. I have a 6C gti modle so it sits just above the intercooler. The light bar is a st2k 21.5" curved light bar. So after a few beers with a mate we decided that the next day we'd go out buy a light bar and fit it.
led light bar 6c polo gti-img_2568-jpgled light bar 6c polo gti-img_2576-jpg
I started by romving the bumper which requires the first the removal of the grill and then the headlights. There are quite a few videos of how to do this on youtube.
led light bar 6c polo gti-61977587859__43c1bc6c-4ed3-4217-b37b-5e6fc4ba5b1a-jpgled light bar 6c polo gti-img_2564-jpg
There is a air temp sensor mounted to the front crash bar which required moving to fit the light bar and I ended up mounting on the light bar bracket. The clips for the plastic that sits on the crash bar also requitered triming to fit the light bar brackets.
led light bar 6c polo gti-img_2567-jpg

I bolted the light bar to the crash bar and wired and angled it before re fitting the bumper.

the stedi light bar comes with a wiring harness however you need to buy the piggy back for a vw Amarok for it to be plug and play with the standard high beam lights. After reading some UK vw owners forums on how to run a cable throught the fire wall for a sub I discovered that there is a whole for the bonnet release cable on both sides of the car and they just plug the passenger side depending on wheather or not its a LHD or RHD car. This can be found under the rain tray at the top of the engine bay and you get to it by taking off the ruber seel and bending the plastic tray up. I seeled the whole back up with silicon when I was done. Take the plug out and feed the wire through. It should fall out just behind the glove box. I then fed it behind the dash to the drivers side using a old coat hanger.
led light bar 6c polo gti-img_2594-jpgled light bar 6c polo gti-img_2593-jpgled light bar 6c polo gti-img_2595-jpg
The light bar works brilliently, lighting up all of the road and shoulders at and beyond where the stock high beams finish. The next time a landcruiser leaves its spotties on they might get a sneaky 8000 lumen surprise when I flash them