Thread: GTI Tyres

Users Country Flag

GTI Tyres

Ok I know a few guys on here have switched to the Bridgestone RE003 from the S001's and have mentioned the improved grip.

My question for those that have made the switch how are you finding the tyre wear compared to the S001's?

I guess why we are talking tyres what other tyres are people rolling with and how have you found them?

Users Country Flag
    I'm seriously considering changing to 215/45/17's (as per the other thread), that'll fix the speedo error, take a little bit of harshness out of the ride due to the 10 mm higher sidewall, with the big bonus that I can get that size in Michelin PS3's, which are reasonably priced at the moment as they have been replaced by PS4's.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST

I changed to re003 and think they are an improvement. Better grip under acceleration for sure.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffy86 View Post
    I changed to re003 and think they are an improvement. Better grip under acceleration for sure.
    Fully agree with stiffy but too early to tell for me regards wear. They certainly are a soft compound though.
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post
    I'm seriously considering changing to 215/45/17's (as per the other thread), that'll fix the speedo error, take a little bit of harshness out of the ride due to the 10 mm higher sidewall, with the big bonus that I can get that size in Michelin PS3's, which are reasonably priced at the moment as they have been replaced by PS4's.

Cheers
    Gary
    I am interested in this as well, from calculations it would make it pretty bang on from a Speedo point of view. Would love those extra mm of rubber.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I have S001s on my '11 6R GTI and I think I've gotten about 40-50k out of them to-date (they're getting quite worn now). About 12 months ago I damaged one on a round-a-bout and was told by Jax Tyres at Bondi Junction that they're not making that tyre/size anymore, so they replaced it with an RE003. I've been happy with both. I plan on replacing the others with RE003s when they're worn out.

I have recently put on 215/45/17 PS4's on my 1.2tsi. Absolutely fantastic tyre, don't seem to notice too big a drop in performance or fuel economy. Should be said that my 1.2tsi is tuned.

Users Country Flag

215/45/17

Quote Originally Posted by Sydneykid View Post

Cheers
    Gary

Hi Gary
    My wife 2015 VW Polo has original VW 17 inch rims.
    I also would like to move from 215/40/17 to 215/45/17 to have a little more ride comfort and side wall...

Do they fit???
    all standard suspension and VW 17 inch rims...

Please let me know how you got along ? any issues??

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Reecy View Post
    Hi Gary
    My wife 2015 VW Polo has original VW 17 inch rims.
    I also would like to move from 215/40/17 to 215/45/17 to have a little more ride comfort and side wall...

Do they fit???
    all standard suspension and VW 17 inch rims...

Please let me know how you got along ? any issues??
    I haven't done it as yet, I have had a bad run with flat tyres, one at time spaced out with a few months in between. Currently I have 1 original, 1 that's about 18 months old, 1 about 11 months old and 1 about 6 months old.

Cheers
    Gary
    Golf Mk7.5 R, Volvo S60 Polestar, Skyline R32GTST